Best E-Mail Application for Exchange

jnd121

Reaction score
I know there have been related posts, but none as of recent that I was able to find and I know new and improved applications come out everyday. I am currently using the built-in e-mail application, but it is horrible at forwarding (sends it as a .eml attachment) and I forward a lot of emails and emails with attachments. I've seen K-9 Mail mentioned alot as well as Touchdown for Exchange. I just wanted to hear some feedback from the user community to see which is the best, especially if I have to pay for it ;).

mjs31

Reaction score
Touchdown is by far the best for exchange email. Open and shut on that one.

dmt316

Reaction score
i absolutely love k-9 email.....

Droid:motdroidvert:

dfwdroid

Reaction score
I really like touchdown since it can be used with ActiveSync/exchange 2007/2003/...etc,
the other cool thing is that it feeds from the "GAL" server for global contact in your firm.
I am still working on some tweaks so that i can view all my personal folders too :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Touchdown is by far the best for exchange email. Open and shut on that one.

+1 Does everything except Notes, which is being worked on.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Touchdown shoots! He scores! A 35' wrister in the five hole is good.

Touchdown wins again!

-Mike

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for Touchdown. K-9 is free, IIRC and there's a trial for Touchdown. Take them for a spin and see for yourself. Nothing beats first hand experience.

MJ5150

Reaction score
IIRC and there's a trial for Touchdown.

You recall correctly. The free trial is just long enough to get you hooked on the app to where you can't live without it.

$20 may be steep for some people, but it was worthy every penny to me. This one fetches my e-mail faster than my company provided Motorola Q does.

-Mike

bllarkin

Reaction score
Touchdown definitely seems to be the more full-featured application. I just needed something to do email, as I am happy with the calendar sync and mostly happy with the built-in email client, minus lack of support for signature. Trying K-9 just for that. Though I had to set it up via IMAP (Exchange wouldn't work for some reason), it seems to be ok thus far, though the look leaves a bit to be desired.

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I will try the trial for Touchdown and K-9 and see which is better... I am assuming Touchdown :)

jhalsey205

Reaction score
HTC Exchange App (called Work Email)!

I am a former Touchdown user but ultimately moved away in favor or the HTC Exchange App, hacked out of the G1 by the XDA Developers It is available for download here, and provides full folder support, signatures, etc. (all the things the native droid exchange app is lacking). I have it tied to my hosted exchange account.

Re Touchdown - it worked as advertised but ditched because I preferred the native Corp Calendar (and available widgets) and Contacts apps rather than the Touchdown replacements.

I also use K-9 for my 2 IMAP Gmail accounts.

Last edited:
OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
I noticed that I cannot get K-9 Mail to work with my Exchange account. Touchdown connected with no problems at all. Does anyone know the trick to getting it to connect to Exchange?

bllarkin

Reaction score
I noticed that I cannot get K-9 Mail to work with my Exchange account. Touchdown connected with no problems at all. Does anyone know the trick to getting it to connect to Exchange?

I couldn't get it to work via WebDAV/Exchange, either, I had to use our IMAP settings for Exchange to get it to work. I am in the IT department at work, so I knew what they were, you may need to talk to your IT department to find out if they have IMAP support enabled.

R1Lover

Reaction score
HTC Exchange App (called Work Email)!

I am a former Touchdown user but ultimately moved away in favor or the HTC Exchange App, hacked out of the G1 by the XDA Developers It is available for download here, and provides full folder support, signatures, etc. (all the things the native droid exchange app is lacking). I have it tied to my hosted exchange account.

Re Touchdown - it worked as advertised but ditched because I preferred the native Corp Calendar (and available widgets) and Contacts apps rather than the Touchdown replacements.

I also use K-9 for my 2 IMAP Gmail accounts.

Thanks for the link to the htc mail client.... I'm not sure why it works so well with all the options we need but don't have on the droid... I'm testing it now and it's nice to be able to have a signature for a change.