Best DX screen protector?

super_saxy

Reaction score
I have the steinheil ultra crystal. I hate the rubbery feel of the invisible shield (had that on my droid), and this one feels just like glass. It's been a while, but I think it was around $18 with shipping. It's not indestructible, but it holds up nicely to being thrown in my pocket with keys, which for me is the most important reason for a screen protector. Even when it does get dinged up (your screen is still flawless), they ship two with an order, so you can replace it with another.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I hear you. Like I had said before, I am kind of a screen protector nut, and have tried most brands out there over the years. I settled on the Phantom Skinz because they have the protection of those film type protectors, but don't have the rubbery feeling. Totally smooth and "orange peel"-less.

Im going to have to check out these Steinheil protectors. They seem to be highly recommended here. Im new to Android, and I never came across this brand when I had my BlackBerry or iPhone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sup all, new here but i'll keep it short and sweet. Almost decided on a Droid X vs a Fascinate for my very first smartphone. Seeings how this thing is gonna be an investment for the near future, I wanna take care of the screen and keep it in good shape. Whats the best, proven screen protector I can put on the DX?
$2 protector from ebay. Same stuff that sells for 20$ with some company logo attached to it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Absolutely false. The films that you have to apply with solution (Phantom Skinz, Invisible Shield, Zagg, Wrapsol, etc.) offer superior protection to any sticker-style protector. Not to mention all those sub-$5 ones I've tried from ebay (on numerous different phones over the years) are NEVER cut precisely. If you want to protect your investment, don't scrimp on its protection.

if you got money to throw away, be my guest :)

Sent from my DROIDX

yukmizzee

Reaction score
I have the steinheil ultra crystal. I hate the rubbery feel of the invisible shield (had that on my droid), and this one feels just like glass. It's been a while, but I think it was around $18 with shipping. It's not indestructible, but it holds up nicely to being thrown in my pocket with keys, which for me is the most important reason for a screen protector. Even when it does get dinged up (your screen is still flawless), they ship two with an order, so you can replace it with another.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+1 for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal. It's cut to fit the X, and it covers the entire screen. Smooth feel, and it's practically undetectable. Love it.

+2, best one out there...

+3 Ive had one on my X since I got it from fed-ex and let me just say. AMAZING, I toss my X around, in my pocket with keys all the time. Feels like glass, looks like glass. Its great:)

the5barrons

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say again for a nod on skinomi. Skins cut to fit, and fit well. Easy to apply, not a single nick or smudge.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

chikibabe

Reaction score
just ordered the Phantom Skinz Chromatic in Carbon Fiber White. pretty good deal, had 30% off with coupon code winter30 so costs $21...Will post pics after :)

OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
I'd rather buy locally so I can return/exchange if I dont like it. What good ones could I find at Staples, Best Buy or the VZW store? Thats about all I have in my town

akj27

Reaction score
I've been using the one Seidio offers for my last 3 devices (Droid, iPhone 4, and now Droid X) and I love it. Easy to apply, you can't tell it's on if you apply it properly, and it does a great job protecting the screen.

cj1896

Reaction score
Don't know if they make one for the DX but Steinheil Crystal is my favorite for any device. Only problem being that it is EXTREMELY difficult to apply but they give you more than one per order b/c of that.

AMelis

Reaction score
Let me be the iconoclast. You don't need one for the Gorilla Glass. Protectors are good to protect plastic. Keep the Droid X away from those loose diamonds in your pocket.

cj1896

Reaction score
Let me be the iconoclast. You don't need one for the Gorilla Glass. Protectors are good to protect plastic. Keep the Droid X away from those loose diamonds in your pocket.

Gorilla Glass is OK but it CAN be scratched. It is just a composite glass/plastic and is not scratch proof but only SCRATCH RESISTANT. Do a quick google search for "gorilla glass scratch".

ctxx24

Reaction score
Sup all, new here but i'll keep it short and sweet. Almost decided on a Droid X vs a Fascinate for my very first smartphone. Seeings how this thing is gonna be an investment for the near future, I wanna take care of the screen and keep it in good shape. Whats the best, proven screen protector I can put on the DX?
$2 protector from ebay. Same stuff that sells for 20$ with some company logo attached to it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Absolutely false. The films that you have to apply with solution (Phantom Skinz, Invisible Shield, Zagg, Wrapsol, etc.) offer superior protection to any sticker-style protector. Not to mention all those sub-$5 ones I've tried from ebay (on numerous different phones over the years) are NEVER cut precisely. If you want to protect your investment, don't scrimp on its protection.

Your wrong about ebay ones...i had steinheil on my inc. now i have cheap 3 off ebay and they are no different...cut just right never again will i buy 20 sp

jmorton10

Reaction score
I have tried them all & Steinheil CrystalClear is absolutely in a class of its own.

The Seidio is good too, it is basically the same thing as the Steinheil.

~John