Best droid x case.

chattymcmeatus

Reaction score
After purchasing another Verizon case that broke within a week, I went out searching for something better. I make purchases online, but this time I wanted to hold and test fit the case, especially since I have the extended battery and battery cover from verizon.

Best Buy has fullfilled my needs. I have been using the case for about 2 months with no issues. The case is kind of a shell/holster set up. Basically the same type set up with the shell, but it does fit/snap together with no gaps over the x with the extended battery and cover. The holster is a little different. Only about 1/2" of the phone goes in on the bottom, and a spring loaded clip grabs the phone at the top. The phone goes in either face in or face out. I work in a heavy industrial setting, and have never had an issue with it. It is made by "Platinum" and cost 35 dollars. The guy working there said people have been coming in on referalls stating everyone is happy with this case. I know I am, especially 2 months in and still going strong.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Bro KV

Reaction score
resizeImage.php

Leather case for Motorola Droid X Motorola Droid X Lateral Flex-Fit

By far the longest lasting case I have ever had. I've had them for my old WM and BB phones.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
My best protection is still my ZAGG Invisible Shield (full coverage). That is until Otterbox gets their stuff together. They (Otterbox) in my mind make the best cases.

Glad your liking yours though. If it's working, stick with it:)

Reaction score
After purchasing another Verizon case that broke within a week, I went out searching for something better. I make purchases online, but this time I wanted to hold and test fit the case, especially since I have the extended battery and battery cover from verizon.

Best Buy has fullfilled my needs. I have been using the case for about 2 months with no issues. The case is kind of a shell/holster set up. Basically the same type set up with the shell, but it does fit/snap together with no gaps over the x with the extended battery and cover. The holster is a little different. Only about 1/2" of the phone goes in on the bottom, and a spring loaded clip grabs the phone at the top. The phone goes in either face in or face out. I work in a heavy industrial setting, and have never had an issue with it. It is made by "Platinum" and cost 35 dollars. The guy working there said people have been coming in on referalls stating everyone is happy with this case. I know I am, especially 2 months in and still going strong.

I have this same case - I don't think its the "best" but its decent - not huge and gives a nice feel. I don't use the "holster" - can't stand them. But yes so far I am happy with it. I wanted a case to give more of a grip than the stock phone did.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I bit at the Verizon store and bought the Body Glove case and belt clip combo...rubberized case feels pretty good and seems to add a bit of "drop" protection...with my Military discount it was $27 and change...

Reaction score
I was waiting for Otterbox, but decided that my phone would probably have something happen to it before they release the stupid thing!

I went out to BestBuy and got the Platinum case/holster as well. Provides decent basic protection. Also have a VZW screen protector on it. I keep my DX in my pocket usually and the case is slim enough that it's not annoying.

Shoid

Reaction score
Platinum case is a great starter.
Seidio has an awesome tough case add-on. The tough case adds a little bulk, but well worth it. It is way more protective than the otterbox...

detroitwilly

Reaction score
A friend of mine who had his Droid X before me tells me there is no reason to get a case becasue Motorola made the phone so strong that nothing could happen to it. He says the phone is built to not break.
I'm not sure I can go with that prediction. Are there a lot of X's that break?

Karem

Reaction score
Um not sure on that one. I know the X's screen is Gorilla Glass so maybe he was referring to that?

I doubt the phone was made to be indestructible...but even if it were, I'd still shell out the pocket change to make sure my device is protected. It'd cost you way more to get a new phone if you accidentally drop it and cause damage.

eggsped

Reaction score