Best droid x case.

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by chattymcmeatus, Nov 7, 2010.

1. chattymcmeatus

chattymcmeatus New Member

After purchasing another Verizon case that broke within a week, I went out searching for something better. I make purchases online, but this time I wanted to hold and test fit the case, especially since I have the extended battery and battery cover from verizon.

Best Buy has fullfilled my needs. I have been using the case for about 2 months with no issues. The case is kind of a shell/holster set up. Basically the same type set up with the shell, but it does fit/snap together with no gaps over the x with the extended battery and cover. The holster is a little different. Only about 1/2" of the phone goes in on the bottom, and a spring loaded clip grabs the phone at the top. The phone goes in either face in or face out. I work in a heavy industrial setting, and have never had an issue with it. It is made by "Platinum" and cost 35 dollars. The guy working there said people have been coming in on referalls stating everyone is happy with this case. I know I am, especially 2 months in and still going strong.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. FranklinWalker

FranklinWalker New Member

i dont think the case you said it the best
  3. Bro KV

Bro KV New Member

4. chkmate

chkmate New Member

My best protection is still my ZAGG Invisible Shield (full coverage). That is until Otterbox gets their stuff together. They (Otterbox) in my mind make the best cases.

Glad your liking yours though. If it's working, stick with it:)
  5. superdesi

superdesi New Member

seidio innocase with holster owns all your cases...dancedroid
  6. WsW-WYATT-EARP

WsW-WYATT-EARP New Member

I have this same case - I don't think its the "best" but its decent - not huge and gives a nice feel. I don't use the "holster" - can't stand them. But yes so far I am happy with it. I wanted a case to give more of a grip than the stock phone did.
  7. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

I bit at the Verizon store and bought the Body Glove case and belt clip combo...rubberized case feels pretty good and seems to add a bit of "drop" protection...with my Military discount it was $27 and change...

8. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

qft......!
  9. longboardskier

longboardskier New Member

I was waiting for Otterbox, but decided that my phone would probably have something happen to it before they release the stupid thing!

I went out to BestBuy and got the Platinum case/holster as well. Provides decent basic protection. Also have a VZW screen protector on it. I keep my DX in my pocket usually and the case is slim enough that it's not annoying.
  10. Shoid

Shoid New Member

Platinum case is a great starter.
    Seidio has an awesome tough case add-on. The tough case adds a little bulk, but well worth it. It is way more protective than the otterbox...

11. orangepeel

orangepeel New Member

Seidio is who makes the Platinum series.
  12. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman New Member

13. detroitwilly

detroitwilly New Member

A friend of mine who had his Droid X before me tells me there is no reason to get a case becasue Motorola made the phone so strong that nothing could happen to it. He says the phone is built to not break.
    I'm not sure I can go with that prediction. Are there a lot of X's that break?
  14. Karem

Karem New Member

Um not sure on that one. I know the X's screen is Gorilla Glass so maybe he was referring to that?

I doubt the phone was made to be indestructible...but even if it were, I'd still shell out the pocket change to make sure my device is protected. It'd cost you way more to get a new phone if you accidentally drop it and cause damage.
  15. eggsped

eggsped New Member

You clearly have not peered inside many purses. My wife carries so much stuff in hers it's like a dumpster with a shoulder strap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  16. Cunha

Cunha New Member

I know of one droid x that has taken a ton of falls on the corners and all over. It is still working well and seems okay but its a shame to see that happen to a phone in just a few short months.

They are reasonably durable phones because of the small amount of moving parts but any case protects the phone a LOT better than no case.

As for "best" case, it depends what you want. If you want a sort of thin case that doesn't screw up the phone feel all that much, an otterbox commuter, any of the silicone cases, Seidio surface seem to be the main options with the commuter being on the larger side of a smallish case.

For full durability the ones that come to my mind are the Seidio Rugged, Otterbox Defender, and Trident Kraken.

If it helps, I just ordered a Kraken for my dad (he destroys phones) and a commuter for myself. Even though they aren't REALLY similar cases I will probably do a review on them when they arrive just because I think they reflect two compromises. One compromises some things for style (but still compromises the best coverless style) and one gives up the form factor entirely but gives you a care free phone experience.

If you need a rugged case with a belt clip than the otterbox defender is better than the Kraken because it includes one (at a price)

I'd never consider using a clip so its not an issue for me.
  17. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

The best case costs $89 and it's made by Asurion . The best thing about it , it's totaly invisible .
  18. Cunha

Cunha New Member

Wow so the case itself only exists in another dimension and crosses planes when your phone begins to fall? Amazing.
  19. Karem

Karem New Member

Just received my Incipio Silicrylic case today and I must say I like it a lot. If you're looking for a more practical case than the Defender or Kraken, I think the top two choices are the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio.

Not as many people have heard about the Incipio on DF but lots of users on DX forums agree that it's a good alternative if you don't like some particulars about the Commuter.
  20. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

Even better , if my phone falls and scratches , it'll magically transform during the night into a new one :)
Search tags for this page
best android x case

cool droid x cases

droidx phone case with shoulder strap

otterbox military discount