Best deal for a Verizon S4?

jimhunter

Reaction score
I was able to get the phone for $149 at Amazon and Verizon waived the upgrade fee of $30 for me. I never had unlimited data so nothing I could do there.

I am a newbie. Would you mind stepping us through how you go about getting Verizon to waive the upgrade fee?

luddy

Reaction score
I threatened to go to ATT after being a long time Verizon customer. They wouldn't match Amazon's price on the phone either so I said I guess this is as good a time as any to switch to ATT since now you want to charge me $30 to activate. Verizon used to give you $50 towards upgrade and never charged an upgrade fee. I said it was ridiculous and was leaving.
I am a newbie. Would you mind stepping us through how you go about getting Verizon to waive the upgrade fee?

jimhunter

Reaction score
I threatened to go to ATT after being a long time Verizon customer. They wouldn't match Amazon's price on the phone either so I said I guess this is as good a time as any to switch to ATT since now you want to charge me $30 to activate. Verizon used to give you $50 towards upgrade and never charged an upgrade fee. I said it was ridiculous and was leaving.

Thanks, so I called Verizon, went through the whole deal. The first person I spoke with said no, no, no so I asked to speak with her supervisor. Told her I was a long time customer and was going to buy phones tomorrow(see prices below) The supervisor also said no. So I asked if it was impossible to waive the fee would she give me a $60 credit($30 x 2) instead. She hemmed and hawed and finally said she would do $30. I told her I didn't want to sound like I was buying a used car but would she do $45. She said she would.

Fry's electronics here in Austin has the S4 on sale for $95.99 until Thursday. Target is doing $149.99 with a $50 gift card making it $99.99.

I am buying at Radio Shack to price match the $95.99 plus they have the S3 for Free. So both for $95.99.

Thanks for the input. It helped me.

Xil

Reaction score
It appears Newegg.com has a deal for S4's at $99 w/ 2 year not sure if it is a renew 2 year or completely new line tho

walkerstempe

Reaction score
138.88 at Walmart plus you get a $40.00 Wal-card. Daughter happy with upgrade from her iPhone 4S.

m3incorp

Reaction score
138.88 at Walmart plus you get a $40.00 Wal-card. Daughter happy with upgrade from her iPhone 4S.

Don't forget $35 activation fee...

Costco has it in their coupon book for $129 and activation fee waived. You also get the "cheap" bundle of screen savers, cases, and car charger.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
That bundle definitely looked "cheap".
Some nice real cases on Amazon. Like that fee waiver, though. My upgrade is 1/14. Choices.....S4, Note 2 or 3, or an "old" droid RAZR Maxx HD. Must have a micro SD card.

segen77

Reaction score
any updates where the best place to get this is? I don't think the costco coupon is valid any longer. At least not that I see.

m3incorp

Reaction score
Bought one for my son this weekend. Best Buy Price matched the Walmart price of $138. They then applied the $50 Best Gift card that is available for Samsung phones, and I had a $40 reward certificate. So, without the reward certificate, phone price would be $88 plus tax (CO tax based on the $88 and not full price of phone), plus $35 activation fee. My total was $55.48 and of course the $35 activation fee will be on next bill.