Best deal for a droid?

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Asking for a droid for christmas. Wondering if everyone got there's from Verizon or other places that have a good deal going on? Trying to save as much as possible now that I will be forking out an additional 30 dollars a month.

biteme

Reaction score
Bought mine at Best Buy for $199 then found Dell selling them for $119 a couple weeks later. Took the ad in to Best Buy and they gave me the $80 difference in CASH!! Gotta love Best Buy!! WOOO HOO!!!:icon_ banana:

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
just remember since you bought from a third party it will effect your warranty cause you didnt buy it through verizon. I heard alot about that.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you at least cite your source if you're going to make such a claim?

FYI effect != affect. In your context it means "to make happen".

madpanic

Reaction score
just remember since you bought from a third party it will effect your warranty cause you didnt buy it through verizon. I heard alot about that.

What do you mean by this? I wouldn't imagine that I would go to Verizon with a hardware malfunction since I bought it from Dell, but their customer service in the past has been pretty decent on the two desktops I've purchased from them.

darreno1

Reaction score
Bought mine at Best Buy for $199 then found Dell selling them for $119 a couple weeks later. Took the ad in to Best Buy and they gave me the $80 difference in CASH!! Gotta love Best Buy!! WOOO HOO!!!:icon_ banana:
Did the same thing just today except it was the Sears ad for $119 that I strolled in with (special thanks to Shel for that heads up). Wasn't a hassle. The rep knew I was in there a couple times before as this was my 2nd phone in just months (first was a Pre). So he goes "please tell me you're not returning the droid!". I said no, and showed him the ad. It was pretty painless overall, especially for an $80+ refund!

J-Buck

Reaction score
Ok i have a question... In essence if i walk in to verizon with the add for 119.99 from dell, do i still get 100 off for new every to? So does that mean i get my droid for 19$?

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
My best friends uncle works for verizon and told me that honestly cause he's a good friend. He said " if we found your droid was bought from a third party, you have to deal with them for warranty and replacements, it will have warranty- but from the store/place you bought it from"
Thats what he said in exact words cause i asked him a million questions. to me i'd rather buy it from a third party since its cheaper:) Sorry if i made confusion but thats what he told me being a Verizon employee for their service center.