Best D3 Rom

jumx

Reaction score
@ChevyCam94: I think Steel Droid 5.1 is quite good. But still has some problems, all of them also are important functions.

For example:

1. Call function: after used headphone, call function got problem, incoming and outgoing call get lost voice/audio.

2. 3G (data) function: sometime loses connection.

3. Font: Fonts used for SMS function were not enough like Stock rom.

Hope you will fix ALL as soon as possible

Last edited:

olorolo

Reaction score
@ChevyCam94: I think Steel Droid 5.1 is quite good. But still has some problems, all of them also are important functions.

For example:

1. Call function: after used headphone, call function got problem, incoming and outgoing call get lost voice/audio.

2. 3G (data) function: sometime loses connection.

3. Font: Fonts used for SMS function were not enough like Stock rom.

Hope you will fix ALL as soon as possible
Well I can answer this for you, Steel Droid 10 is based off AOKP and the problems 1 and 2 is a ISC issue throughout all the the ISC builds with locked bootloaders. the 3rd issue is a personal taste issue this is a custom rom and meant to be custom so it looks the way it should according to the builders taste. Its a simple task to go and get rom toolbox or absolute system to change your fonts to whatever your taste call for. So if your waiting for Chevy to fix issue 1 and 2 I suggest following AOKP to see what the changelogs are. All in all this is a great rom with insane battery life compared to all the other ISC builds, whatever tweaks he's done works very well considering the locked bootloader with a stock kernal.

darkmatter

Reaction score
New D3 update coming. Android Central Community Search | Android Central've been hoping beyond hope that we'd get ICS from moto, but I think its about time to give up that hope, and am now looking for roms. I assume I should wait a bit to let devs go through the update thats rolling out? Which ROM do ya'll think is most likely to use this most recent update first?

OP
Sheffy007

Sheffy007

Reaction score
darkmatter said:
New D3 update coming. Android Central Community Search | Android Central've been hoping beyond hope that we'd get ICS from moto, but I think its about time to give up that hope, and am now looking for roms. I assume I should wait a bit to let devs go through the update thats rolling out? Which ROM do ya'll think is most likely to use this most recent update first?

Most likely MavROM. They are very good at keeping up to date with the builds. I don't think Chevy is working on gingerbread anymore.

Reaction score
Edited because I was irritable and prematurely posted something stupid.

I think liberty has been giving me better battery life than mavrom, which are the two I use heavily until they get camera working for ics, but it all depends on what you use your phone for. I use mine all day for internet research, and I can normally get about 8 or 9 hours before I die...but I have a car charger so I keep it plugged In anyways in the car and listen to music while driving which slows recharge time.

Last edited:
OP
Sheffy007

Sheffy007

Reaction score
lastname_firstname said:
This is a dumb thread, all roms are different. I personally like liberty and mavrom, but always try chevys work.

Uh go read the first post

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
It's not a dumb thread. He asked for opinions based on a person's experience. That's what should be, and has been, posted. Even though this thread is a tad bit old, I'll post my thoughts. Right now, I have MavRom V4.0 installed. I installed it this past Sunday morning, and it has been pretty good so far. I flashed it over 5.7.906 and haven't had too many problems. I've gone over 11 hours, close to 12, with medium to light use and currently have 25% battery left as I'm typing this now. I have yet to fully try SD 4.6 or 13thangel's port of Eclipse V2.2.1, yet I have flashed and made backups of each to try at a later date. It has a few bugs, nothing major, and could use a lot more themes, but I like it.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Bump? Did sheffy find the ROM he was looking for? I'm running Eclipse 3.0 with the 1.2 overclock. Like davros, I get about 6 to 7 hours with heavy use. While just sitting there, I can't say exactly how long, I get pretty extreme batteyr life. With light use, I've gone 10+ hours and was only down to 70 percent.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

KwiHa

Reaction score
Hi,

I know it's a silly question, but do we have a ROM where I can start a week with Monday?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hi,

I know it's a silly question, but do we have a ROM where I can start a week with Monday?

You don't need a ROM. Try Business Calender Free from the play store. Has the week set as you want as default.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2