Best D3 Rom

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Roms' started by Sheffy007, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Sheffy007

Sheffy007 New Member

I'm looking for a great ROM with the best battery life. That's the main thing for me. Based on your experiences, which is the ROM with the best battery life for D3?

Thanks.
  2. anthony_rada

anthony_rada New Member

Monster rom has done a great job for me and so has the SD3. Right now I'm running 13thangel and the battery is not to great but is a fast and stable rom. Hope this helped.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. clownfrog

clownfrog New Member

I personally think SteelDroid has the best battery life and performance. I like Liberty as well, however, though performance is great on it and it's themed very nicely the battery life is horrendous.
  4. jjhiza

jjhiza New Member

I'm on Liberty as well, and I can confirm that after my initial flash, my battery life was horrible. But after a day or two of letting the ROM settle, I've seen fantastic battery life (19+ hours with moderate usage). I'll hold off on CM7 until Hash get the audio fully functional, but from what I hear, he may already have an alpha CM9 build ready to go, so I may skip CM7 entirely. :)

5. patfactorx

patfactorx New Member

They are all bout the same. Steeldroid works pretty well

6. DELUXDroid

DELUXDroid New Member

CyanogenMod7 once the stable version comes out. It'll be the first AOSP ROM for the Droid 3.
  7. acoers

acoers New Member

i got the steel droid version 3 and its awesome. I got 15hrs and im at 50% battery life. i used my phone alot yesterday and its fast doing multitasking on it.
  8. ifailprettyhard

ifailprettyhard New Member

CyanogenMod7 I am running it right now its fantastic almost everything works except the camera app witch is no big deal because you can use any from the market. Really fast and snappy, the best so far, thanks to Hashcode!! p.s if you get it use the ICS Cyanogenmod theme the from the market also a ADW Ics theme It almost looks like ICS 4.0 :p
  9. timovd

timovd New Member

Using Maverick ROM now, because of the new build, but I don't like the GUI. Also used the leaked 5.7.894 (debloated manually), but I like the power controls in the pull down menu.
    Edit: and the battery icon.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  10. CapnGnarly

CapnGnarly New Member

Currently still letting 13th Angel settle, but so far it's been great. I've used Liberty, Maverick, and SD3, and so far, SD3 has had the best battery life for me. I'm loving 13th Angel, however, and I think I'll stick with it.

I had a terrible time with battery *and* GUI *and* many other things in Liberty, however. I (personally) would recommend avoiding it until it gets an update.
  11. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

I'm working on Steel Droid 4.0, which should smooth out some things, and hopefully improve battery a bit more. I have a very demanding life right now, so I work on it when I can, which is limited almost exclusively to the bathroom. Lol. (It won't be this bad forever. Lol)

Sent from my DROID(crap-I-forgot) using DroidForums
  12. nikolio

nikolio New Member

U must have been in the bathroom. Lol what phone do u have really? I love the steel droid rom. Im playing w the dark droid right now just cause I like the colors more. Steel droid really does have better battery life tho. And I know what u mean about trying to find time. I wish I could learn more. Anyway thanx soo much for all ur work.

13. pedwards3x

pedwards3x Developer Developer

Maverick ROM is worth checking out :p *shameless plug* I am running the latest build on that with v6 supercharger tweaks done and it runs about 18 hours with normal to heavy usage...
  14. chadwick108

chadwick108 Member

buy $20 extended battery from eBay....then should be able to make it through full day heavy use no matter what the from. Best $20 I spent since had any Droid.Droid 1 battery life seemed best with custom roms for sure.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  15. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Dont you love when ROM devs chime in on the "which is the best XXX ROM?" lol I am building v5.2 of Steel Droid. And users are reporting insane battery life. Everybodys results will vary, so be warned. lol
  16. jumx

jumx New Member

@ChevyCam94: I think Steel Droid 5.1 is quite good. But still has some problems, all of them also are important functions.

For example:

1. Call function: after used headphone, call function got problem, incoming and outgoing call get lost voice/audio.

2. 3G (data) function: sometime loses connection.

3. Font: Fonts used for SMS function were not enough like Stock rom.

Hope you will fix ALL as soon as possible
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  17. olorolo

olorolo New Member

Well I can answer this for you, Steel Droid 10 is based off AOKP and the problems 1 and 2 is a ISC issue throughout all the the ISC builds with locked bootloaders. the 3rd issue is a personal taste issue this is a custom rom and meant to be custom so it looks the way it should according to the builders taste. Its a simple task to go and get rom toolbox or absolute system to change your fonts to whatever your taste call for. So if your waiting for Chevy to fix issue 1 and 2 I suggest following AOKP to see what the changelogs are. All in all this is a great rom with insane battery life compared to all the other ISC builds, whatever tweaks he's done works very well considering the locked bootloader with a stock kernal.
  18. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

New D3 update coming. Android Central Community Search | Android Central've been hoping beyond hope that we'd get ICS from moto, but I think its about time to give up that hope, and am now looking for roms. I assume I should wait a bit to let devs go through the update thats rolling out? Which ROM do ya'll think is most likely to use this most recent update first?
  19. Sheffy007

Sheffy007 New Member

Most likely MavROM. They are very good at keeping up to date with the builds. I don't think Chevy is working on gingerbread anymore.
  20. lastname_firstname

lastname_firstname New Member

Edited because I was irritable and prematurely posted something stupid.

I think liberty has been giving me better battery life than mavrom, which are the two I use heavily until they get camera working for ics, but it all depends on what you use your phone for. I use mine all day for internet research, and I can normally get about 8 or 9 hours before I die...but I have a car charger so I keep it plugged In anyways in the car and listen to music while driving which slows recharge time.
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
Search tags for this page
best battery rom for droid 3

best d3 rom

best droid 3 rom

best droid 3 roms
best rom for droid 3
droid 3 battery life rom

droid 3 best rom

isc 5.7.906
motorola d3 rom
romdoya
roms for d3
top performance droid 3 roms
which droid 3 custom rom is best for battery life?