Best D3 Rom

Sheffy007

Reaction score
I'm looking for a great ROM with the best battery life. That's the main thing for me. Based on your experiences, which is the ROM with the best battery life for D3?

Thanks.

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Monster rom has done a great job for me and so has the SD3. Right now I'm running 13thangel and the battery is not to great but is a fast and stable rom. Hope this helped.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

clownfrog

Reaction score
I personally think SteelDroid has the best battery life and performance. I like Liberty as well, however, though performance is great on it and it's themed very nicely the battery life is horrendous.

jjhiza

Reaction score
I'm on Liberty as well, and I can confirm that after my initial flash, my battery life was horrible. But after a day or two of letting the ROM settle, I've seen fantastic battery life (19+ hours with moderate usage). I'll hold off on CM7 until Hash get the audio fully functional, but from what I hear, he may already have an alpha CM9 build ready to go, so I may skip CM7 entirely. :)

patfactorx

Reaction score
They are all bout the same. Steeldroid works pretty well

DELUXDroid

Reaction score
CyanogenMod7 once the stable version comes out. It'll be the first AOSP ROM for the Droid 3.

acoers

Reaction score
i got the steel droid version 3 and its awesome. I got 15hrs and im at 50% battery life. i used my phone alot yesterday and its fast doing multitasking on it.

ifailprettyhard

Reaction score
CyanogenMod7 I am running it right now its fantastic almost everything works except the camera app witch is no big deal because you can use any from the market. Really fast and snappy, the best so far, thanks to Hashcode!! p.s if you get it use the ICS Cyanogenmod theme the from the market also a ADW Ics theme It almost looks like ICS 4.0 :p

timovd

Reaction score
Using Maverick ROM now, because of the new build, but I don't like the GUI. Also used the leaked 5.7.894 (debloated manually), but I like the power controls in the pull down menu.
Edit: and the battery icon.

Last edited:

CapnGnarly

Reaction score
Currently still letting 13th Angel settle, but so far it's been great. I've used Liberty, Maverick, and SD3, and so far, SD3 has had the best battery life for me. I'm loving 13th Angel, however, and I think I'll stick with it.

I had a terrible time with battery *and* GUI *and* many other things in Liberty, however. I (personally) would recommend avoiding it until it gets an update.

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I'm working on Steel Droid 4.0, which should smooth out some things, and hopefully improve battery a bit more. I have a very demanding life right now, so I work on it when I can, which is limited almost exclusively to the bathroom. Lol. (It won't be this bad forever. Lol)

Sent from my DROID(crap-I-forgot) using DroidForums

nikolio

Reaction score
U must have been in the bathroom. Lol what phone do u have really? I love the steel droid rom. Im playing w the dark droid right now just cause I like the colors more. Steel droid really does have better battery life tho. And I know what u mean about trying to find time. I wish I could learn more. Anyway thanx soo much for all ur work.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Maverick ROM is worth checking out :p *shameless plug* I am running the latest build on that with v6 supercharger tweaks done and it runs about 18 hours with normal to heavy usage...

chadwick108

Reaction score
buy $20 extended battery from eBay....then should be able to make it through full day heavy use no matter what the from. Best $20 I spent since had any Droid.Droid 1 battery life seemed best with custom roms for sure.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Dont you love when ROM devs chime in on the "which is the best XXX ROM?" lol I am building v5.2 of Steel Droid. And users are reporting insane battery life. Everybodys results will vary, so be warned. lol