Best custom rom for Samsung droid charge

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by salilsurendran, May 10, 2012.

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

Hello Friends,
    I am tired of how slow my droid charge has become especially while using GPS so I decided to try to install a custom rom. Which one is the best, I have heard of TweakStock and Eclipse? I believe cyanogenmod is not available for droid charge. The process to install a custom rom seems to be pretty tedious involving Odin, ClockWorkMod etc. If I install a custom rom will I lose all my data like contacts, music, installed apps etc.
  2. tfly212

tfly212 New Member

Flash a new ROM...you won't regret it.

You will need to make sure you take the FP1 over the air update, then root, then flash a rom. It sounds more intimidating than it actually is. I was running a rooted, debloated leak of 2.3.6 since November and now am on Eclipse 2.0. Night and day. Quick response, improved call quality (FP1 kernel) and about 50% battery life improvement. There are some great step by steps out there...just google "eclipse 2.0 rom droid charge" or something similar. The other option is tweaked 2.0. From everything I have read Eclipse is better for performance and battery, tweaked as more features.

Follow the directions, go slowly and you will be very pleased. Good luck.
  3. cnoevl21

cnoevl21 New Member

tweaked just updated to 2.1 and imo is a little better than eclipse, but again that is just my opinion. as far as losing all your data; i would suggest that after u root but before u flash the custom rom, u pick up titanium backup from the market, it will backup all ur apps, contacts, etc. then wen u flash the rom u can restore everything. u will need to reset up all ur home pages which is kinda annoying, but its not the end of the world. if ur running stock rite now, it will be worth it. custom roms (tweaked or eclipse) will amaze u when coming from stock. better battery, faster, more tweaks, etc.
  4. dwitherell

dwitherell New Member

Truth be told the two should not differ on battery life - outside of situations involving problematic apps the kernel has more influence on such things than anything within either rom. I'm not sure on performance differences, but the differences in launcher and use of aosp apps in eclipse may have something to say on such things. At their core the two are pretty similar, and I would expect with similar apps you would be hard pressed to find much in the way of differences. Take home message: they are both stable choices and similar enough that personal preference should be the deciding factor, so I'd try both and stick with what works best for you :)
Search tags for this page
best custom rom for droid charge
best custom rom for samsung droid charge
best droid charge rom
best rom droid charge

best rom for droid charge

best rom for samsung charge
custom rom droid charge
custom roms for droid charge
droid charge best rom

droid charge custom rom

droid charge custom roms