Best custom kernels for Shrom

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by Squadalah_man, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well we know that some people have been getting fc and bootloops with other kernals on shrom (pet name) so what are the best alternate ones that alow stuff like swapper? Well... I personaly like p3droids kernels and after this fiasco I had with theming I'm sticking with stock for now but I will go back to p3 later probably. I was running p3 LV 125-1000 and it was a beautiful, the birds were singing. Until I screwed it up trying to theme stuff and delete copies of apks in my system and data >.

2. donerico

donerico Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have used custom kernels with other ROMs, but have opted to go with the stock kernel that comes with ShadowROM. I get great performance and battery life and don't really see any reason to go with another kernel. I might not be able to get much over 1100 quadrant scores with this but what really counts is the performance I get. Smooth, fast and stable.

3. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds good to me all I can say is go with what is stable and 1000 is all you really need usualy

4. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Slayher is really good looking back on it. After reading how the interactive governer works I have dicided that an overclocked kernal above 800 should be standard or medium voltage and start at 250 or 300. Low voltage should only go to 1000 at most safely. Shadow rom is very responsive and it needs to run on performance or interactive in order to stop the faces of evil from cpu chaos. Now of course the most stabe kernals are standard and go to 800 (shrom comes with this) and I recomend it for shrom newbs.

5. lurch81

lurch81 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why should it be run on performance/interactive? I've always ran on ondemand is that not as good? Never understood the modes

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. lurch81

lurch81 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do notice its much snappier and faster on interactive tho haven't tried performance

7. revenge8

revenge8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i use P3Droid's kernal LV 250-1000 with shadowROM and have used it with multiple others and its always stable and fast!

8. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In a couple posts I read around I learned that it is better to use performance because it keeps your cpu from switching all the time and wasting battery, similar to a light bulb being flicked on and off. Its all about the transistors in the chip. Interactive is like conservitive and performance combined, sorta. Because it goes to the top and then slowly falls down as needed. Basicaly interactive is like ondemand with a leesh. Ondemand jumps all over the place and I don't recomend it, also it gives choppyness at times. P3droids kernels are good if you install all his modules as well foud at the bottom of his download page.

Best kernel by theory = 250- 1000 or 1100(depending on stability) standard voltage, interactive governer

This is the best set up in my opinion and if you use swapper2 (doesn't work with slayher kernel 1.6 but does on p3 with modules)
    The speed is super fast cause of all the ram u get and stable
    Compcahe is ok too, but it will eventualy lag, use swap with 64 to 128 swap file and 20 to 40 swappiness. This is the speed all true warriors strive for! I assure you I was blown away by it. Then you can talk about dinner (as the King says)

Squadala we are off!

9. lurch81

lurch81 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks man very helpful! One more question do you use or recommended setcpu or using shadowrom built in overclocking?

10. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Setcpu, just cause I can see it. But they work at the same time and make the same adjustments. I paid for setcpu why not use it? The shodow built in one is impressive considering though.

Squadala we are off!

11. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    I'll take a p3 v.32 kernel everytime. Seems to work wit ev'ry rom and then ya git temp monitor too!

12. lurch81

lurch81 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to disable the built in overclocker? And I'm using p3 kernels and all hid modules it's super fast, now that I'm off of obdemand and on interactive lol

Search tags for this page
shrom for android

www.shrom.com