Best Checkbook/Register/Financial app?

noordzy77

Reaction score
Whats the best app for keeping my bills in order and keeping track of my checkbook? Something with recurring monthly bills.

Technoman

Reaction score
Whats the best app for keeping my bills in order and keeping track of my checkbook? Something with recurring monthly bills.

I use Easy Money... not sure about the bills piece, but it works well with the checkbook and recurring transactions.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

I use Easy Money... not sure about the bills piece, but it works well with the checkbook and recurring transactions.

It has a bills options (reoccurring, reminders ect.) the problem is it's $10 which, IMO is a bit steep. I uninstalled after I saw that. It's nice though. I haven't found an alternative yet because I've been flashing to much (DAMN YOU PETE!!!, ROFL:icon_ devil:).

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I will agree with Easy Money. I bought it Day one on Nov 7th and havent looked back since. Active devs and frequent updates. I am OCd with my checking account, if Im a penny off I find the mistake. It is IMO the best app for this purpose. The money is worth it.

OP
N

noordzy77

Reaction score
man... 10 bucks is steep.... is there a lite version?

msu

Reaction score
Well, so far it seems like it is the best out there. I tried a bunch of them and settled for Easy money. Now you can even take a picture of your receipt so you have a copy of it with what you input. I love it, but I just rooted my Droid last week with ultimate Droid 6.5 and now I can't recover my date nor if i start over it will Force Close when I try to add a transaction??? Makes me mad

musthavebeen

Reaction score
Does Easy Money keep a running total in which it is possible to view a balance in the past? I'm looking for a checkbook program in order to REPLACE my old paper check register, so I need to be able to see what my balance was on Aug 31st, 2010. I'm currently using the Checkbook (free) app, and it only shows my current balance. Since it's now Sept 12th and I've bought plenty of crap since then, my balance has changed a lot from what it was on Aug 31st.

Because of the Labor Day weekend, my bank statement for Aug only arrived late this week and this weekend I can finally 'balance the books.' So I pull out my Droid, open the bank statement, and...forehead slap. I can't use Checkbook, because it won't give me a balance for anything other than the most recent transaction. I need a program that will. Does Easy Money do that? If it will, I don't care about the cost.

I would also like to be able to connect the Droid to my laptop and transfer spreadsheets (ideally Excel readable ones, but I realize this is probably a pipe dream) of each month's transactions to the laptop. I just know that one day this Droid will be tossed by my grinning toddler into the toilet, and I'd hate to have one more thing (data-wise) ruined along with the hardware.

smokinfish

Reaction score
I use checkbook by Thats The Solutions Mobile. It works great give it a check they have a paid version and a lite version

D

musthavebeen

Reaction score
Checkbook app doesn't have historical balances

The Checkbook app is the one I've been using, as I mention in my previous post. unless there is a feature of the app I'm missing (and I upgraded to the paid version, tho I had been using the free one until recently), I CANNOT see previous balances. The point of my question earlier today was to find an app that will allow me to view what my balance was on any given day, not just the current balance. This is because I want the app to replace my old paper register, and for it to do it must be able to tell me the balance on Aug 31st, 2010, for example, even though it is now Sept 12, 2010 & many transactions have been entered in since the end of August.

So unless you know how to show historical balances in the Checkbook app, and can give me detailed instructions in how to do so, please don't tell me it's a great program. I've been using it for 6 weeks now and it does many things well, but it DOES NOT GIVE HISTORICAL BALANCES. This was my question, and what I need help with. Thanks!

smokinfish

Reaction score
It's a great program, does what it says and works great for me. I have checking, savings and credit card all set up with it. As I was not responding to your post here but to the original post. If you want help with your problem start your own thread and don't hijack this one.

Big Lou

Reaction score
+1 for Easy Money!

I always had problems staying dollar for dollar while using a paper register, but since switching to Easy Money, I've stayed 100% balanced on all 3 of my accounts!

I can't speak for other apps as I have not tried them, but these are some great features:
- Passcode lockable
- Accounts, budgets, and billing
- Customizeable categories
- Awesome search feature using many criteria
- Graphs and reports
- Scheduled or reoccurring payments
- Built in camera app for importing pictures of receipts, checks, etc.

It may be funny to spend $10 on something that is supposed to keep you financially responsible, but in all honesty, it works and works well. I highly recommend Easy Money!

At least try it for 30 days...

Last edited:

Chuck_25

Reaction score
Does this app have a desktop companion that syncs with the phone version? I do both and I'm pretty much done with Splashdata.

tasha21

Reaction score
I'm a EasyMoney user as well. It's my best finance app for my android phone! It does allow CSV exports which is readable using Excel on the computer. The dev also added a QIF import and export feature for Quicken users. There is also an integrated bill reminder. Everything is pretty much said by Big Lou :)

Oh yes, EasyMoney is now available on the Amazon App Store too. Their website has more details.

I found a video of the app on youtube, feel free to check it out.
[video=youtube;agA97sk0Z9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agA97sk0Z9Y]YouTube - EasyMoney - Budgeting & Expense Tracking Android App[/video]

Last edited:

Sierra Bess

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S5
Hello I have a question. I just switched from an iPhone ans was using an app called Checkbook +. Now I am looking for a new checkbook app that is similar where I can have multiple accounts instead of just checking and savings. i don't mind paying for it if it works. Do any of you know an app when I can import from my previous app? Or which app would work for me?