Best/cheapest place to buy a Motorola Droid with a 1 Year Verizon Plan?

Abby Normal

Reaction score
*611 is your friend...

They will let you upgrade after one year plus $20 and as mentioned you forfeit the NE2.

Schimm

Reaction score
I don't think I understand. You forfeit NE2 but you get two year prices. Isn't that the same thing?

Schimm

Reaction score
Well I got the droid for $269 and that's upgrading early. What are the existing customers who don't upgrade early paying?

daddyd302

Reaction score
I have never heard anything like this. Do you have a link from Verizon that explains this? I've tried to upgrade early in the past and have been shot down every time...

I believe this only applies to the primary line only but yeah, my wife has done this too. I don't think we got the NE2 though...

correct it only applies to the primary line you can actually upgrade that line every 10 months but you forefit your NE2 discount and have to pay a 20 dollar early upgrade fee but you also get the 2 year prices... ive done this for several years in a row.

i cant find it online just call customer service they will explain.

this is exactly how i was able to buy a storm in january but was able to get an early upgrade to the storm in november without having to pay full price.

Are you sure? I was told I had to wait 12 months and I got only 1 line. This is on the NE2, and I had to upgrade the 900 minutes basic or 450 select to upgrade early. I was told that only the NE1 could do it at 10 months.