Best Cases?

N

Nickchapa

I have looked for cases and only found crappy made plastic. Anyone found better? Maybe a silicon with plastic/acrylic combo besides the incipio I have?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Janet1025

Reaction score
Love my Trident Kraken Case! The holster thats another story, will be returning it for a full refund this weekend!

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I just bought my kracken and ill tell you right off the bat... WAY BETTER THEN THE OTTERBOX DEFENDER. I had the defender by otterbox for about a week and it just felt like the case was designed bad. The rubber cover made it hard for me to use the hard keys, and in my opinion the rubber was to " sticky" meaning that lent was attracted to it. Anyways I have had my kracken for about a hour now and I'm very very impressed, great product.

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Janet what was wrong with the belt clip? I was thinking about getting one.

Janet1025

Reaction score

Well here are some reviews on the holster from some of us that got it first week it came out a few weeks ago:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-accessories/110445-defender-vs-kraken-6.html

I personally was not going to wear it often since Im a girl and it wasnt going to look right depending on the clothing, but I did want the option since the work I do, I am in and out of the car many times throughout the day. I don't like the button release part to get the phone in and out, its very awkward, I don't like the way it feels on my hip and it actually came loose once or twice, and now a small rubber piece came off from the press release part of it(with very minimal use) that was the icing on the cake, so I emailed them and will be sending them back the case this weekend.

Actually someone posted another case a few threads ago with velcro, looks good but wonder if the phone will fit with the Kraken case?? I wish I could go to a store and actually feel and try out a case in person!

Otherwise, really love the Kraken case so far! What color did you get??

TomN

Reaction score
I'm using the Otterbox Commuter case and I'm loving it so far. Only complaint I have is that the plastic is a bit slippery in the hand.

sandnut

Reaction score
I've been happy with the trident case, but don't waste your money on the holster. The trident case does make doing some things on the edge off the screen tough (like moving icons from screen to screen or swyping letters q & p).
You might also look at the ballistic case.

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Yea but u get that with a very protective case. I love it because it covers everything. Where I work at there is alot of lint and dust so it is a great case for me.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

eriscrazy

Reaction score

Well here are some reviews on the holster from some of us that got it first week it came out a few weeks ago:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-accessories/110445-defender-vs-kraken-6.html

I personally was not going to wear it often since Im a girl and it wasnt going to look right depending on the clothing, but I did want the option since the work I do, I am in and out of the car many times throughout the day. I don't like the button release part to get the phone in and out, its very awkward, I don't like the way it feels on my hip and it actually came loose once or twice, and now a small rubber piece came off from the press release part of it(with very minimal use) that was the icing on the cake, so I emailed them and will be sending them back the case this weekend.

Actually someone posted another case a few threads ago with velcro, looks good but wonder if the phone will fit with the Kraken case?? I wish I could go to a store and actually feel and try out a case in person!

Otherwise, really love the Kraken case so far! What color did you get??

I got the red and black. It looks awesome. I need to find something to use when I'm not at work like a belt clip or holster or something. This case feels like a brick in my pocket lol. It fine at work because I have pockets on my shirt.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!