Best case with built-in screen protector?

CzechCzar

Reaction score
So, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Love the phone but can't seem to find the perfect case. What I am looking for is a case that offers built-in body protection and screen protection. I hate those plasticky screen protectors that you have to apply with a spritz-on liquid. Putting them on always leads to asymmetries, and let's face it, I am a little OCD.

So body protection and a built-in screen cover. I currently have an Otterbox Defender series, and I like it OK. It provides the kind of built-in screen protection I'm looking for. But it's extremely bulky, and I would prefer a case that I can fit in my pocket easily.

Are there such cases out there? What is the best? If I will have to suck it up use a case with a spritz-on screen protector, what would you guys recommend as the best?

Many thanks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk about for Samsung... but I like otterbox defenders... have em on all of my phones.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Moved to the Galaxy S3 Accessories forum. :)

There aren't too many cases out there with a built-in screen protector, and most of the ones that do have one are similar to the Otterbox Defender. I guess case makers assume that if you want a slim profile, you'll go with a traditional screen protector.

There are plenty of screen protectors that apply without using any liquid. You'll typically find two kinds of those - ones with a mild adhesive, and ones that are static cling. I prefer a good static cling screen protector myself since there's no risk of any adhesive residue being left behind.

johnd09

Reaction score
I am currently running a Seidio Active Case with a ArmourSiut Millitary Shield for a screen protector. If you want a protector without liquid I'd go with someone like Steinheil, I've used them before and they make great protectors. I love the Active case because it provides a good deal of protection and gives just enough thickness to make the phone comfortable to hold. I bought the one with the kick stand since I was coming from a Thunderbolt and was used to having one.

If I had to guess, any case that has built in screen protector is going to likely be fairly thick.

OP
C

CzechCzar

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. Guess I'll go with the armorsuit protector, which I already have, and the seidio case, which I was strongly considering!

1991noway

Hardly seen and used this kind of case.But it sounds really awesome.I'm currently running a screen protector and a leather flip case.These two greatly and strongly protect my s3.I think it's enough.
The case was got from eiemall.$16.08 free shipped.It's a good deal i reached.And got one screen protector from amazon.