Best Case for the Droid

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just ordered one to replace my Body Glove. I love that the Body Glove fits so tight because that really comes in handy when you drop it, but it was just too much of a hassle to take on and off every day to use my multimedia dock and car dock. I'll keep the Body Glove just in case I ever feel the need to switch it up. Great video review!

Dream

Reaction score
Just went and picked this up from the local VZW store, it was the last one they had. I like it a lot. Every corner on mine is very firm, snapped on in seconds. My slider almost felt lose before the case, now its very solid. No more slight wiggle's. It's not too bulky at all. Very nice case.

hajabooja

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Seido but I dont know if I can any longer arrggg.

Yeah I was thinking about waiting on them... I have heard a lot of good from them. But at the same time it gives me more time to drop my Droid or something... which I really don't do but ya never know. My last phone was the Omnia and I had it for 5 months before I dropped it. It got a small scratch on the right corner of it and I was really pissed. I don't want that to happen to my Droid.

ATLbellygirl

Reaction score
I got the hard, plastic case from VZW and also a screen protector. But I also slip my Droid into one of those microfiber cloth bags for sunglasses that they sell at the knock-off sunglass kiosks at the mall - that way, I always have a cloth handy to wipe off the fingerprint smudges on the screen protector. I miss the vertical flip out case I used to use w/ my BB Pearl and Curves.

hajabooja

Reaction score
Well I kinda broke down. I asked my girlfriend to pick me up the Body Glove on her way home today. Put it on a few minutes ago. I really like the way it feels in the hand and stuff. But it does make the phone a fair amount thicker. First thing I wanted to see was how much it blocked the top letters on the keyboard. I don't have HUGE hands and for me it blocks them a fair amount. Enough that I would rather have the case off. So I was like well I'll take it back and exchange it for the Holster/Shell combo tomorrow or whatever. Well.. now I know what everyone is saying about how hard it is to take off. Jesus... I felt like I was going to break my phone. It won't be going on again... thats for sure. Feels like a quality product... just a few design flaws. Thats my $.02

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
What's so odd is the Shell Case (that comes with the Shell/Holster combo) feels like it fits even tighter and more secure than the BG, BUT it is easier to remove than the BG.. go figure.

AquaDan88

Reaction score
I need an opinion. I've got both the car and media docks for the phone, and use them both daily. I need a case/protection that won't hinder the use of the docks, or that is easily removed on the fly. I was thinking about getting the Swivel Holster for the Droid at the Verizon Store.

Problem is that I just dropped my Droid on a cement floor at work while trying to pick it up, and now am heart broken at the 2 imperfections on the Droid's chin.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
At this time I think we are out of luck as far as having a case on the droid and being able to use the stock dock/car dock.

Sorry that yours dropped but they are making some good cases that are snapping off pretty easy now and this makes it a bit easier to use the docks and such.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
To everyone that got the VZW clip/case combo: Does this mess with the slider at all? I got a plastic case and it definitely interferes with the slider.

RkQue

Reaction score
I got the Verizon screen protector and the black case with the clip. Its pretty awesome. I'm glad i paid a little extra for a legit case and screen protector

pappion

Reaction score
I just purchased my droid yesterday and bought the body glove at the verizon store and it's gr8. How ever there is no screen protector so i ordered a custom fit from zagg for $14 with a life time gaurentee.

R

racklefratz

I just purchased my droid yesterday and bought the body glove at the verizon store and it's gr8. How ever there is no screen protector so i ordered a custom fit from zagg for $14 with a life time gaurentee.

IMO, that "body glove" deal is a disaster waiting to happen. It's not at all difficult to physically DAMAGE the phone just trying to get the blasted bottom half of the thing on and off, and YOU WILL NEED TO DO THAT SOMETIMES, especially to get at the battery. That thing just clips way too tight to the keyboard.

The two "body gloves" we bought with our 2 Droids are now resting comfortably in the city landfill.

srparret

Reaction score
I've had the body glove since i've had my droid i use the verizon screen protector. Just a couple of the pros and Cons....

pros:
It is protected. The body glove fits very tightly and if you don't have to get at the battery or sd card very often then the fact that its difficult to remove shouldn't cause you too much trouble. And if you drop it...its def not going scratch

I keep the belt clip on and the belt clip double functions and a perfect stand! it keeps the droid at a great angle for me to causally glance at if i was setting at my desk and the clip does fit great on belts w/o causing any major discomfort

Cons:
the body glove is very bulky and it feels like it slows down the sliding out of my droid. As far as weight is concerned the droid is a heavy phone by its self adding a few grams doesn't bother me but i do wish they'd trim down around the top row of the key board and then also make it smoother on the slide out.

The case is also VERY difficult to take off so if you need to get at your battery this is not the case for you. Over all its an OK case...i find myself going back to being naked sometimes..... i'd give it a 6/10 :)