Best case for Droid X

Vbelisle

Reaction score
I have the carbon fiber one from VZW and I like it. It does not add too much bulk but feels solid if I drop it. The only downside is that its hard to take off, but overall I like it.

fishstick600

Reaction score
I use the plastic snap on that is wrapped in carbon. I just got my second because the snaps broke off from multiple removals

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use the plastic snap on that is wrapped in carbon. I just got my second because the snaps broke off from multiple removals

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah I should add the leather snap on is the same way, had to do a switcharoo since one of the snaps broke while taking off the case.

Reaction score
Does anyone carry their phones naked anymore?

Yes, I just have a screen protector on it. Carry it mostly in a top-load VZW branded black leather holster. Also use the black plastic belt clip from VZW when not working.

I have two of the desk charger cradles and one holder for my car that won't work with a cover on it. So, I go neked.

oo3

Reaction score
I would love it if they made just a very thin shell. I had the rubber ones they sold at the VZW store but it felt too bulky. Plus I have the media dock so I always have to take off the case before plugging it in so now I'm just naked, but I like it that way.

jwilliams44

Reaction score
Phantom Skinz on mine..

I am using the Carbon Fiber skin from Phantom Skinz, used their product on my Omnia as well. Easy to apply, does not add bulk to the phone and does a great job of protecting it for everyday use and for the occasional accidental dropping of the phone.

Their regular skins, the non colored clear ones, are put on like decals. You get them wet and then let them dry into place overnight. Those I used on my last phone. The new colored or Carbon Fiber look ones are pressure sensitive press on type, fairly easy to install if you just take your time to do it right.

As for regular cases I have used a lot of Body Glove ones or the rubberized feel plastic ones. I cannot stand those silicone cases, they attract dirt and the cheap ones build up static.

smcdo123

Reaction score
daydeal.com has a great selection of cases and free shipping.
I am rockin the one from verizon its black the rubber/hard one. I was skeptical at first but it is a very nice case. But daydeal always is adding cases to their site. I am looking for a one piece case, when i had my blackberry storm I either stuck with the rubber or the one piece cases that cover the back but leave top and bottom exposed. Two piece cases are to hard in my opinion to pull off of a phone like the droid x, iphone, blackberry. I always ended up breakign one of the tabs off and it becomes useless.