Best Car Charger for the Gnex

pchakmak

Reaction score
I went the cheap way and bought one off amazon for like 4 bucks. I travel a lot so I use navigation and a combo of bluetooth and streaming my NY radio stations. When I run any one of the two, I wotn even mention when I am running all three, the power drops while it is plugged into the charger. Now it seems to be making a noise when it is plugged in. Lesson learned.

What car chargers are you guys using?

jacwhite22

Reaction score
I went the cheap way and bought one off amazon for like 4 bucks. I travel a lot so I use navigation and a combo of bluetooth and streaming my NY radio stations. When I run any one of the two, I wotn even mention when I am running all three, the power drops while it is plugged into the charger. Now it seems to be making a noise when it is plugged in. Lesson learned.

What car chargers are you guys using?

I am using the Motorola car charger......It is the only one that was close to 1A for a car charger that I saw.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Another vote for the Motorola car charger. It easily charges with navigation and music app running.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
Yea of course mine broke. I think I'm going to reorder.

Just to confirm we r talking about the same charger...its the one with the circle that lights up blue when plugged in right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Just to confirm we r talking about the same charger...its the one with the circle that lights up blue when plugged in right?

yup:hail:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

As Dez said, "Yup". I've got one of those in both our cars. We use them on the original Droid, the Wife's Droid Bionic and my Gnex.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I have the Moto charger and it's great, i have been using the the duel charger i got with the Costco bonus pack and its really good as well. I travel a lot as well and that charger is both car and wall charger and keeps up the charge just like the moto charger if not better, plus i carry just that one with me and i can charge in the hotel and rental car with no problem..

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought two of the Moto car chargers that light up blue - they work great.... I think they were like $4 or something.