Best Camera App?

skoobygeek

Reaction score
OK, so I am totally loving my Motorola Droid but I am just looking for a good camera software replacement. Any suggestions for a camera app? I am interested in HDR photos too.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i like vignette for the different filters

rehuxley

Reaction score
I am using vignette as well. I love the filters you can use to create unique looking photos.

Neupy

Reaction score
Camera zoom has tons of color and mirror fisheye etc effects also. Ive never tried vignette tho.

mero20

Reaction score
i got camera illusions, retro cam and camera 360.
camera illusion lets you take full screen pics.. without the sides cut off.. which i like

paid apps. but got it from a certain site. for free

wingdo

Reaction score
Using vignette here. Great app.

Yeah, i sent this via tapatalk. You got a problem with that?

alias.in.pdx

Reaction score
Vignette is wicked awesome! I use it religiously. I have the paid version for the support of the creator and a couple extra perks, but there's also a free version if you want to try it out. :reddroid:

KingDufus

Reaction score
I bought both Vignette and Camera360 after trying and comparing all of the camera apps I could find on the market. I find myself using Camera360 more, as I think it takes slightly better pictures (sharper and less grain). I use the "enhance" filter as my default shooting mode, which adds a bit of contrast to the photos (I find the stock camera app takes dull pictures). With the paid versions of both, you can add shortcuts to your homepage with pre-defined settings (Camera360 also has different icons for each mode, which helps to distinguish them). This is cool because you can launch the app in different modes quickly depending on the situation at hand.
One thing that is absent in Camera360 (Vignette has it though) is a brightness slider which lets you manually make the picture lighter or darker, which is handy in tricky lighting situations. If Camera360 had this, then it would get my vote as the best.
On the downside, they both are pretty slow to process the photo after you have taken it. Camera360 seemed a little faster.

Droid 1 - Froyo

alias.in.pdx

Reaction score
On the downside, they both are pretty slow to process the photo after you have taken it. Camera360 seemed a little faster.

Droid 1 - Froyo

Yeah, I was really frustrated with the speed (or the lack thereof) at which Vignette processed the photos. I haven't heard of Camera360. Now, I have to go try it out :)