Best Buy Price Match

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Wife and I each got a Nexus at Best Buy. They price match both letstalk.com and amazon wireless. Just show them the price or have them look it up on their computer. For those looking to save some $$ and not wait for shipping, it may be worth checking out.

streetmike

Reaction score
Thanks! I am going Saturday to try this out. Gonna get my sister a Bionic too. Was going to get the phone yesterday but I have a Hatebreed concert tonight and well the OG droid will survive that no problem :happy3:.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
didn't even think of doing this...when i got my bionic i price matched the radioshack $100 off for smartphones. if you already bought it will they price match it still and refund the difference?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
They price matched the contract price?? Wow. I know they match full retail prices. Might have to go back for a price adjustment if they will do it.

Tap'd from my Galaxy Nexus

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
They price matched the contract price?? Wow. I know they match full retail prices. Might have to go back for a price adjustment if they will do it.

Tap'd from my Galaxy Nexus

Yep got my bionic for $199. On their website it says they don't match internet retailers only brick and mortar but I'm gonna try anyway. The OP may have gotten lucky but according to their "official" policy it only applies to actual stores in the area.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's odd. I the only store I have ever seen BB match is VZW. And they will match their prices online.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
I couldn't get the $75 off at Let's Talk. The coupon was gone. So they price matched my phone, the secondary line for $225.99 to Letstalk. That's the price that came up on their website. Then for my wife's primary line, they price matched Amazon wireless for $199.99. Couldn't do both for $199.99 since the amazon wireless price was only for primary lines. Total came to $425.98, plus tax. My total with letstalk.com came to $424.98, with no tax, but I canceled since they were on backorder. I also traded in both our OG droid and received $27 each. We weren't planning on doing anything with them anyway.

The guy that I dealt with said Best Buy mobile, even though they were located in a best Buy store are technically a different store. They have entirely different price match policies than Best Buy. Even a separate management team. He said you have 30 days to price match if you find a better price.

A guy in line was able to get the letstalk.com deal as well when I told them about it. He left about 3 mins before my friend called me to tell us about the price change on Amazon wireless. We had been expecting to pay $225.99 each for them.

I was looking at the computer when he was entering in the price match, they had a lot of retailer listed as to who the price match was from. He used Other and typed in Letstalk.com for the $225.99 price match.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get the $75 off at Let's Talk. The coupon was gone. So they price matched my phone, the secondary line for $225.99 to Letstalk. That's the price that came up on their website. Then for my wife's primary line, they price matched Amazon wireless for $199.99. Couldn't do both for $199.99 since the amazon wireless price was only for primary lines. Total came to $425.98, plus tax. My total with letstalk.com came to $424.98, with no tax, but I canceled since they were on backorder. I also traded in both our OG droid and received $27 each. We weren't planning on doing anything with them anyway.

The guy that I dealt with said Best Buy mobile, even though they were located in a best Buy store are technically a different store. They have entirely different price match policies than Best Buy. Even a separate management team. He said you have 30 days to price match if you find a better price.

A guy in line was able to get the letstalk.com deal as well when I told them about it. He left about 3 mins before my friend called me to tell us about the price change on Amazon wireless. We had been expecting to pay $225.99 each for them.

I was looking at the computer when he was entering in the price match, they had a lot of retailer listed as to who the price match was from. He used Other and typed in Letstalk.com for the $225.99 price match.

Ah ok, so maybe that explains it.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok big thanks to the OP. I went back to Best Buy today and showed them the Amazon contract price and they matched it no problems. Got a $50 price adjustment.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
That's odd. I the only store I have ever seen BB match is VZW. And they will match their prices online.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Best Buy will match certain online retailers. Namely Amazon. I did actually get them to match the price of a big screen about 5 years ago. Can't remember the online retailer but it was a $1200 difference.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best Buy will match certain online retailers. Namely Amazon. I did actually get them to match the price of a big screen about 5 years ago. Can't remember the online retailer but it was a $1200 difference.

Sweet, I'll be visiting BB tomorrow to get my price match. Thanks OP!

xtremeosiris

Reaction score
So it seems that it is manager's discretion as to what and where from they will price match. After seeing the OP I spent a good hour today talking with various associates and the manager of the mobile section at my local Best Buy with letstalk receipt in hand and various forums pulled up showing others were doing it all of which got me nothing. They were adamant that they will not match online retailers saying that it was manager's discretion as how they handle price matching. Just wanted to share my experience and hopefully others will have better luck. At least letstalk sent a coupon code for $25 towards any accessory to soften the unhappiness with the backorder situation.

chewy74

Reaction score
I guess MA bestbuy all suck then I called 2 local stores and both said they do not price match online dealers
:angry:

chewy74

Reaction score
yeah, I got the $25 off email too and looked through their accessories section and they didn't have anything worth buying. None of the cases or docks I want

So it seems that it is manager's discretion as to what and where from they will price match. After seeing the OP I spent a good hour today talking with various associates and the manager of the mobile section at my local Best Buy with letstalk receipt in hand and various forums pulled up showing others were doing it all of which got me nothing. They were adamant that they will not match online retailers saying that it was manager's discretion as how they handle price matching. Just wanted to share my experience and hopefully others will have better luck. At least letstalk sent a coupon code for $25 towards any accessory to soften the unhappiness with the backorder situation.