Best Buy - OK to get X now and swap to Inc HD on 23rd?

macnab

Reaction score
Question:

If I buy an X this week (say Nov 10th for example) at Best Buy, will I be able to swap (return it) for an Incredible HD if they are released on the 23rd? I am asking because:

1 - I want to confirm a 30-day refund window
2 - confirm Best Buy is good in general about device returns

[then there's the part about the actual release date, but that's a diff topic I guess]

Also open to other suggestions. I don't have a Costco card, and I want my number ported on the spot if possible when I move to Verizon. I also wanted to save the $50 (@ BB) versus a Verizon in-store purchase.

Thanks,
macnab

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question:

If I buy an X this week (say Nov 10th for example) at Best Buy, will I be able to swap (return it) for an Incredible HD if they are released on the 23rd? I am asking because:

1 - I want to confirm a 30-day refund window
2 - confirm Best Buy is good in general about device returns

[then there's the part about the actual release date, but that's a diff topic I guess]

Also open to other suggestions. I don't have a Costco card, and I want my number ported on the spot if possible when I move to Verizon. I also wanted to save the $50 (@ BB) versus a Verizon in-store purchase.

Thanks,
macnab

I would expect that they will charge you a restocking charge. See if you have 30 days, you probably do.

Let me ask you something though. What if you buy the X, like it but turn it in for the Incredible HD and find out it's not so Incredible.? I mean the 23 is 15 days from today, you can't wait.

Also what if there is a waiting list? Just something to think about.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mean the 23 is 15 days from today, you can't wait.
This is what I wonder also...sometimes when I try to rush things I make bad decisions - what if you buy the X and the HDinc gets delayed and you get stuck with the X - I would just wait it out and enjoy the anticipation :wink:

killher

Reaction score
i work at best buy mobile and there is no re-stocking fee. just make sure you have it back by day 30 because on day 31 your straight-up stuck

OP
M

macnab

Reaction score
Thanks all you guys. Great info all around. I will wait a little bit, as I'd really like to see some incHD reviews on actual devices. For a phone that is allegedly due out so soon I would expect more review info to be public by now. I do expect to at least play with it in store before I would pull the trigger on the switch from an X.

yes I wonder what would happen if I strolled in to make the switch and the incHD was already sold out and backordered...

I do have to say I am "dying" here with my BB on ATT, and it has taken me a long time to get all my ducks lined up in a row to make this switch. I have been waiting a long time.

ZBacks

Reaction score
Just wait til you can play with each phone side by side.......you will be much happier and wont get stuck with a phone you dont like.

And besides almost every phone seems to keep pushing back its release date......

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Why do that? Just be patient and play with them in the store, read reviews online, read forums and specs. Just seems to much trouble to me.

cpjr

Reaction score
Just wait. Thats a total waste to buy a phone you think your going to return.