Best Buy Offering 32GB HP TouchPads For $150 – But There’s A Catch...

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The touchpad isn't really that fantastic anyway, people were just trampling each other for it because it was 100 bucks. But you can always buy it and sell the laptop.

That's true...ebay or craigslist

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The fact that its an HP Touchpad on your receipt. I'm sure the whole world knows about these now and to offer a "deal" like this, who's not going to be cautious as a retailer to not be "cheated".

Yeah...cheated my @$$! (Not directed at you). As if I needed more reason to hate BestBuy as it was...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
id like to see the person who pays a store $100 and gives them his/her computer.

Person- "id like to return this computer"
Cashier-"Thatll be 50 bucks"
Person- "win"

Actually, it would go more like this:

Person- "id like to return this computer"
Cashier-"Thatll be 50 bucks"
Person- "Here's the computer, but I'm not paying the extra $50."
Cashier- "Fine, keep your $450 touchpad." BB WIN BIG TIME

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting deal, didn't know about it. I guess I should pay more attention to deals at the store I work at.

I know that when the TP's were first being liquidated, BB employees had first dibs! I would go to a BB, looking for one and they would say, "sorry we are all out of stock", only to be carrying 3 or 4 of them out of the store!

The touchpad isn't really that fantastic anyway, people were just trampling each other for it because it was 100 bucks.
Yes and no. The Touchpad as it was, with the logging software going overboard, causing the device to slow down, as well as the lack of apps, was pretty good, but not worth the $500 pricetag they were slapping on it; $300 - $350, maybe. Still, a device that can do what it can do and be only $100...now that's why people were clamoring to find one: a high end device being sold on the cheap!

As it stands, I can wait to put CM7 on it. WebOS ain't so bad afterall.

Reaction score
I've heard Android. And I've heard Web OS. Which one does the TouchPad really run? Or am I missing something and should go crawl back in my hole? Lmao!

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've heard Android. And I've heard Web OS. Which one does the TouchPad really run? Or am I missing something and should go crawl back in my hole? Lmao!

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

It runs Web OS but since that OS is now gone (no support), Android is being ported over to it.

Krennel

Reaction score
It runs Web OS but since that OS is now gone (no support), Android is being ported over to it.

So it is going to have Android out of the box, or are you talking ported as in us users porting it over?

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
So it is going to have Android out of the box, or are you talking ported as in us users porting it over?

The community is working on developing a useable port of Android for the TouchPad. It still runs WebOS out of the box.

Reaction score
Thanx, guys!