Best Buy Offering 32GB HP TouchPads For $150 – But There’s A Catch...

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HPTouchPadAndroid1-550x436.jpg

Well, color my goose and slap me silly! Looks like there was still a few more HP TouchPads stashed somewhere after their big fire sale to go around. As it turns out, Best Buy will begin selling the 32GB version of the Android-hackable TouchPads for $150 but this time under one condition — customers looking to take advantage of the deal must buy an HP computer to go along with it. Those shysters.

The deal kicks off on November 1st and you best believe Best Buy will be advertising the deal across all the usual channels like the front page of their Sunday ads. Oh- if you’re feeling a bit wary about purchasing an HP computer after you know – the whole talk of them pulling out of the PC market, word on the street is HP may have changed their minds. Nice to know your computer will at least offer some level of support. HP TouchPads on the other hand… well, you’re just going to throw CM7 on there anyway.

SOURCE: Best Buy Has 32GB TouchPads For $149, But There’s A Catch | TechCrunch

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
hate this "deal"
love my TouchPad!
CM7 may be in Alpha, but it runs fantastic on my 32GB TP.

if you're in the market for a PC/Laptop this might just be something to look at.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yea this isn't much of a deal. And what's even worse is that HP announced that they in fact will not be selling anymore TouchPads via their website. They are letting all retailers handle what's left.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Heywood

Reaction score
What is to stop you from returning an unopened computer a week later?

A receipt that shows this liquidation deal?

From the article in the OP...

For those of you thinking of jumping on the deal and returning the computer later,be warned that your mileage may vary. While I’m sure some stores won’t have any problem tweaking your transaction,others are likely to shut you down as soon as you walk up to customer service.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What is to stop you from returning an unopened computer a week later?

The fact that its an HP Touchpad on your receipt. I'm sure the whole world knows about these now and to offer a "deal" like this, who's not going to be cautious as a retailer to not be "cheated".

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

S

SFGate

Well, I'm still smarting from my HP TouchSmart laptop purchase. Already with three laptops, don't see a need for another.;)

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
To answer the question about returning the PC/laptop and keeping the Touchpad, this is from the FAQ regarding the "Deal"

You may return the computer, but your TouchPad will no longer be eligible for the promotional price. If you return the computer and intend to keep the tablet, the TouchPad will revert to the full retail price of $599.99. If this is more than you originally paid for the tablet and the computer together, you will be charged the difference.

Heywood

Reaction score
I'm in on this deal, many thanks! Does anyone have info on which laptops qualify or is it all HP's

doublea500

Reaction score
To answer the question about returning the PC/laptop and keeping the Touchpad, this is from the FAQ regarding the "Deal"

You may return the computer, but your TouchPad will no longer be eligible for the promotional price. If you return the computer and intend to keep the tablet, the TouchPad will revert to the full retail price of $599.99. If this is more than you originally paid for the tablet and the computer together, you will be charged the difference.

id like to see the person who pays a store $100 and gives them his/her computer.

Person- "id like to return this computer"
Cashier-"Thatll be 50 bucks"
Person- "win"

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting deal, didn't know about it. I guess I should pay more attention to deals at the store I work at.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Krennel

Reaction score
The touchpad isn't really that fantastic anyway, people were just trampling each other for it because it was 100 bucks. But you can always buy it and sell the laptop.