Best Buy Mobile will offer Droid Pre-orders with instant rebate

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Attackcenter

Attackcenter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have already taken back my Palm Pre back and jumped Ship from Sprint as of yesterday.

Of course I already put my $50 down on my Droid (as I have said before). Previously, I was thinking about calling down there first before picking the phone up. Now, I'm thinking I may just go on down there at 10:00 am and get it over with. I don't want to be at home tapping my fingers while these things go on sale at 10:00 am. :)

2. ckidwell

ckidwell Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Everyones final price at BB should be $199. It doesn't sound like they are giving you your NE2, rather just the instant $100 rebate like everyone else. I would have them double check for you.

3. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    It is my understanding that secondary lines do not apply for the NE2 program, only the primary is eligible.

4. Timber

Timber New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know it that's the case. If so the secondary user would never get a discount on phones. My last 2 Verizon phones have been with a discount because my 2 year period was up and like I said previously I'm the secondary user.

Maybe BB doesn't acknowledge it, that I don't know, but I know Verizon honors a NE2 for secondary users.

5. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys, I guess I should have said that differently. I am the secondary line on my wife's account. I was eligible for my upgrade (which happens every two years with a two year extension of the contract) as of last week, and the upgrade discount combined with the automatic $100 rebate (instead of the MIR that Verizon is offering) will bring the final price to $199.

6. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_new_every_two.html
    That question is number 6 on the site.

7. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I pre-paid for the Droid at BB. Then I went to my local VZW store where I know one of the reps and he always helps me out(he's sold me all 5 lines) and I explained what I was doing and he told me he will put that 100.00 on my account so I just have to pay the 200.00 and then pay the 100.00 when I receive the rebate back. He told me they had the Droids in already in the back and is putting my name on one. Even if the bill is due before I get my rebate I will be ok. I just didnt want to pay the full 300.00 upfront because I knew I would be buying accessories as well and didnt want a 400.00 bill. So I'll take that 50 BB gift card and buy some accessories there.

8. Attackcenter

Attackcenter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I read the terms on the Best Buy gift cards and it says that they aren't redeemable for cash. Are you going to try to get a refund still? Or are you going to use the money towards accessories at Best Buy?

9. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea accessories at best Buy, you are right the Gift Card is not redeemable for cash.

10. drloomis69

drloomis69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually pre ordered it at Best Buy on Thursday and the worker there said that Best Buy stores might not actually be getting the droid on nov 6th that it could be a few days later .Anyone else hear anything similar? ill be pissed if this is true.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. souljerr

souljerr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So here's my experience after talking to Verizon customer service for about 15 minutes. My wife's line is the primary and qualifies for NE2 in March 2010. My line is secondary. (Not sure how this happened since I set up the account in 2004 but whatever)

At Verizon I get $100 mail in rebate and a VIP upgrade by using my wife's primary line. The VIP upgrade is basically the NE2 ($50) applied now and in March she's out of luck. Cost out the door $249 after I mail $100 rebate $149.

BB in Elk Grove, CA has instant $100 but no NE2. Out the door $199.

12. Attackcenter

Attackcenter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really hard to say for sure unless we get some confirmations from Best Buy employees that they already have them in stock. I've already seen posts from people whom said that the manager (or whomever) at their local Verizon Store brought the Droid box out from the back and let me check it out.

Maybe, someone while there at there local Best Buy can see if they can get anything out of the employees. :)

Search tags for this page

new2u scottsboro alabama