Best Buy Mobile will offer Droid Pre-orders with instant rebate

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I have already taken back my Palm Pre back and jumped Ship from Sprint as of yesterday.

Of course I already put my $50 down on my Droid (as I have said before). Previously, I was thinking about calling down there first before picking the phone up. Now, I'm thinking I may just go on down there at 10:00 am and get it over with. I don't want to be at home tapping my fingers while these things go on sale at 10:00 am. :)

ckidwell

Reaction score
Ugh, so let me get this straight. If I'm not the primary account holder I can not get the NE2 from BB? My wife is the primary but we're on staggered upgrade times and this is my year for the upgrade. I already have it pre-ordered and would like to have it in hand on Saturday instead of having to order it online.

I went to Best Buy today and had them pull up my account to make sure everything would go smooth on Friday. I am the secondary line on my wife's account and am up for my NE2 as of last week. They said their system showed that my final price would be $199 with the NE2 discount, even though I am not the primary line. No worries mate!

Everyones final price at BB should be $199. It doesn't sound like they are giving you your NE2, rather just the instant $100 rebate like everyone else. I would have them double check for you.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is my understanding that secondary lines do not apply for the NE2 program, only the primary is eligible.

Timber

Reaction score
It is my understanding that secondary lines do not apply for the NE2 program, only the primary is eligible.

I don't know it that's the case. If so the secondary user would never get a discount on phones. My last 2 Verizon phones have been with a discount because my 2 year period was up and like I said previously I'm the secondary user.

Maybe BB doesn't acknowledge it, that I don't know, but I know Verizon honors a NE2 for secondary users.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I guess I should have said that differently. I am the secondary line on my wife's account. I was eligible for my upgrade (which happens every two years with a two year extension of the contract) as of last week, and the upgrade discount combined with the automatic $100 rebate (instead of the MIR that Verizon is offering) will bring the final price to $199.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't know it that's the case. If so the secondary user would never get a discount on phones. My last 2 Verizon phones have been with a discount because my 2 year period was up and like I said previously I'm the secondary user.

Maybe BB doesn't acknowledge it, that I don't know, but I know Verizon honors a NE2 for secondary users.

Verizon Wireless Website said:
I have a Family SharePlan with several lines of service. Am I eligible for New Every Two?
The primary line is eligible to participate in New Every Two. Secondary lines are not eligible for the program unless they are subscribed to an Unlimited Anytime Minute Plan. However, you can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account.

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_new_every_two.html
That question is number 6 on the site.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I pre-paid for the Droid at BB. Then I went to my local VZW store where I know one of the reps and he always helps me out(he's sold me all 5 lines) and I explained what I was doing and he told me he will put that 100.00 on my account so I just have to pay the 200.00 and then pay the 100.00 when I receive the rebate back. He told me they had the Droids in already in the back and is putting my name on one. Even if the bill is due before I get my rebate I will be ok. I just didnt want to pay the full 300.00 upfront because I knew I would be buying accessories as well and didnt want a 400.00 bill. So I'll take that 50 BB gift card and buy some accessories there.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I thought I read the terms on the Best Buy gift cards and it says that they aren't redeemable for cash. Are you going to try to get a refund still? Or are you going to use the money towards accessories at Best Buy?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I thought I read the terms on the Best Buy gift cards and it says that they aren't redeemable for cash. Are you going to try to get a refund still? Or are you going to use the money towards accessories at Best Buy?

Yea accessories at best Buy, you are right the Gift Card is not redeemable for cash.

drloomis69

Reaction score
I actually pre ordered it at Best Buy on Thursday and the worker there said that Best Buy stores might not actually be getting the droid on nov 6th that it could be a few days later .Anyone else hear anything similar? ill be pissed if this is true.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

souljerr

Reaction score

So here's my experience after talking to Verizon customer service for about 15 minutes. My wife's line is the primary and qualifies for NE2 in March 2010. My line is secondary. (Not sure how this happened since I set up the account in 2004 but whatever)

At Verizon I get $100 mail in rebate and a VIP upgrade by using my wife's primary line. The VIP upgrade is basically the NE2 ($50) applied now and in March she's out of luck. Cost out the door $249 after I mail $100 rebate $149.

BB in Elk Grove, CA has instant $100 but no NE2. Out the door $199.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
Really hard to say for sure unless we get some confirmations from Best Buy employees that they already have them in stock. I've already seen posts from people whom said that the manager (or whomever) at their local Verizon Store brought the Droid box out from the back and let me check it out.

Maybe, someone while there at there local Best Buy can see if they can get anything out of the employees. :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i tried, they are really quite clueless. they carry too many products to know anything about any ONE of them. it's like sony... i don't trust sony stuff because they make EVERYTHING, including dogs. i like to buy from a company that specializes in something, like Grado headphones instead of sony ones.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I saw a couple of interesting comment concerning the Best Buy Pre-order:

"thats the guarantee of a pre-order, that it will be available to you the day of. if it is unavailable, id consider complaining till you get some sort of compensation"

"Pre-ordered (more like "reserved") via Best Buy. Awaiting a call on Thursday to set up an appt on Friday to come in for the activation."

They told me they would call me some time Friday, to pick it up, if they have it.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
Yes, that's true. I do hope that people are trying to inquire only with the employees at the Best Buy Mobile section. They are going to usually be more knowledgable about the Droid. Not to mention if you get them pumped up with the specs, you might get them interested in going to the back and looking for you.