Best Buy Might Have Samsung Galaxy S6 Pre-Sale on Friday (with Free Wireless Charging Pad) [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galax6-s6-and-s6-edge.jpg

There are rumors floating out of retail-land that Best Buy might start their Samsung Galaxy S6 pre-sale this Friday. Included in this rumor, it has been suggested that the Big Box retailer plans to include a free wireless charging pad with purchase of the device. This intel was shared on Reddit and supposedly corroborated by multiple posters.

Here are more of the details shared in the thread,
  • Pre-sales start on March 27th, (this is also the day the demo units will arrive in stores).
  • Pre-sales will only be held for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.
  • Pre-orderers could get a free wireless charging pad worth $50.
  • Not all stores will have the Galaxy S6 Edge, but most stores (with a Samsung Experience booth) will have the regular Samsung Galaxy S6.
  • It's possible some Samsung agents will be able to demo the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge for you as their personal device.
  • The final retail launch could be April 10th for all 3 carriers.
We want to reiterate that these were rumors posted on Reddit, which obviously could have a "hit or miss" record of reliability, so keep that in mind. We will keep you updated if it turns out to be true.

Be sure to stop by our dedicated Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Reddit

boidsonly

Reaction score
Yesterday my BB had the S6 Edge; a beautiful phone. Downside is it had quite a bit of lag-and turning off all the animation scaling under Dev Options may not completely fix that. I did not toy with the phone to find out.
That said, the Sales Guy mentioned they "will probably" have the S6 in this Friday....

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
When you say lag, was it WIFI lag or screen changes?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Almost every phone that I have ever played with in the store has had lag. I have yet to see an S6 video where it shows any lag.

boidsonly

Reaction score
Swiping L to R/U & D/tap response was laggy; but as I mentioned, I did not make any changes to any of the settings. It's possible all that could go away with some user tweaking. I know after adjusting some settings on my Note 3, it is lag free-which is why I was surprised at a new phone responding like that. I should have looked at RAM while it was in my hands but I was in a hurry-can't say anything else, really. But it is a beautiful phone...