Best Buy lines?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I preordered my droid at best buy over the weekend and set my pickup appointment for 1pm on friday. What are the chances that there will be a long wait for those of us who have preorderd our phones on the release day? I'm going on my lunch break and am concerned about not having enough time. Will the preorder and appointment time help me get out of there any quicker?

mjs31

Reaction score
I am one that does not believe there will be long lines this friday. Sure, some places will have a few people early on, but I don't see it as being extreme. As for your wait, I would think that would be your best buy store in general and not related to the Droid. I could very well be wrong however...Friday will tell all.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
This isn't ANYWHERE near iPhone release..

I think you'll be fine..

But as my mother always said.. It's always better to be 15min early than 5min late..

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This isn't ANYWHERE near iPhone release..

I think you'll be fine..

But as my mother always said.. It's always better to be 15min early than 5min late..

Yeah when the iphone came out it was like a revolutionary device at the time. Something that people HAD to have. Now that the devices, albeit very nice, are more a common item. I would have to agree with Getaphixx on this one and say while there may be long time at certain points in the day, I don't think it will be a steady stream of people. Unless you are going to one of the busiest best buys in this country. Best Buy has already stated that every customer that comes in will walk out the door with the device working and all the contacts and everything else possible moved over. Seeing as that is the case, that could mean quite a bit of time with the rep, unless he's superman and can do all that within mere seconds. So even though their may not be a huge line, it may still take a couple of minutes to get in and get everything done.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I preordered my droid at best buy over the weekend and set my pickup appointment for 1pm on friday. What are the chances that there will be a long wait for those of us who have preorderd our phones on the release day? I'm going on my lunch break and am concerned about not having enough time. Will the preorder and appointment time help me get out of there any quicker?

I would set up an extended lunch peroid. MAybe an extra half hour. My experience with Best Buy was with Storm1. It took nearly 2 hours to get all the paperwork done. Now I am sure it can be faster, but it's always better to play it safe ;)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had 2 different phones done through best buy, and i can assure you, it has EVERYTHING to do with the rep you are working with. Some are super speedy and know exact what to do and when to do it, and some kinda twiddle their thumbs and love to chat with you about everything under the sun.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 different phones done through best buy, and i can assure you, it has EVERYTHING to do with the rep you are working with. Some are super speedy and know exact what to do and when to do it, and some kinda twiddle their thumbs and love to chat with you about everything under the sun.

Yep :biggrin:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good thing I have to end up at a verizon store. Where they will just want to get me in and our, with minimal interaction. The only thing I need from them is just to transfer my contacts for me, because i'm lazy on that front and don't want to do it. Other then that, I don't have much else on my phone so oh well, i should be in and out very quickly.

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will just let me buy the phone and take care of activation myself? I don't need help with syncing my contacts either, so that could be a time saver as well. I really just don't trust Best Buy to make this a smooth transaction.

Either way, I may have to add an extra 30 minutes to my lunch break as suggested.

By the way, is it Friday yet? :icon_ lala:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i'm quite sure that if you don't need their help, they will let you do it all on your own. It's just there are many people that don't know how to do one or the other, or neither. So it is good that they are doing it. Every time i've dealt with best buy and phones, they are quite knowledgeable and know what they are doing. They even have a verizon rep on hands. I know not all stores are like that though so.

mchoffa

Reaction score
I may not get mine Friday... the guy at BB told me to guarantee a phone on friday I had to preorder by sunday. I preordered yesterday... he said only 8 or 9 others came before me but that they have no idea how many they will get...

mjs31

Reaction score
I may not get mine Friday... the guy at BB told me to guarantee a phone on friday I had to preorder by sunday. I preordered yesterday... he said only 8 or 9 others came before me but that they have no idea how many they will get...

Not sure about Best Buy, but everything I have read from both this forum and other forums, say there will not be a shortage. Like any rep...they typically don't know crap. You probably know twice as much by just hanging out here. :icon_ lala:

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

I wonder if that cut off date is universal for Best Buy. I got my preorder done on Saturday, but I didn't even think to ask about many people had ordered before me.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Not sure about Best Buy, but everything I have read from both this forum and other forums, say there will not be a shortage. Like any rep...they typically don't know crap. You probably know twice as much by just hanging out here. :icon_ lala:

That's definitely the truth of things. But there are some that like their jobs and like to know as much about the phones as they can.

mchoffa

Reaction score

He just said they never know how many they will get, they may get 5, they may get 25...