Best Buy Glitch? (Getting Phone at Contract Price while Keeping Unlimited)

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Customer Agreements I deal with have a list of features included for that phone line. You are signing saying you understand and agree to these features

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Please show me in my contract where I agreed to a limited contact in order to get the phone subsidy.

My understanding is when you select the option, you are told you will have to choose a new plan or something to that effect. The glitch is it doesn't actually force you to select a new plan. There's no loophole - if VZW wanted to continue subsidizing unlimited plans they would have never taken it away from us. And there's no way Best Buy gets enough money from VZW to cover that $300 or so subsidy for your phone.

But I assure you, in your old TOS and the new TOS, when you do a new contract (a.k.a subsidized phone) you are choosing a new plan. And since your old plan is no longer offered, they got you. They probably will never do anything, but it is entirely within their right. Also, I'm pretty sure it is set-up to boot you to a new plan as soon as you turn it on, which is why you have to use your old sim. That's not a loophole - that phone is purchased and shipped to move you to a new plan...this is just a flaw in the execution that people found a workaround for.

It's hardly unprecedented. More than a few people have walked out of a store or dealership having been charged the wrong price. And I'm pretty sure they have at least 12 months to come after you to get the difference for their error. I myself have corrected and billed significant undercharges B2B more than 12 months later. It is actually a legal right the seller has. VZW could do one of two things - boot you onto a limited contract or charge you (or BB, who then charges you) for the difference. And you're choice would be to accept it or pay an ETF.