Best Buy employees are idiots!

Reaction score
i was going to get a xoom at BB and wanting a 2year for discount price. the guy said to me alright, so he rang it up, came to be 799 and i was like wait..i want the discount price and he was calling other people and they came to the conclusion that BB does NOT offer the 2year price and only Verizon was. so..off to verizon i go...

OP
D

Dan_08

Reaction score
i was going to get a xoom at BB and wanting a 2year for discount price. the guy said to me alright, so he rang it up, came to be 799 and i was like wait..i want the discount price and he was calling other people and they came to the conclusion that BB does NOT offer the 2year price and only Verizon was. so..off to verizon i go...

From what I heard some will and some won't honor the reduced on contract.

in99flames

Reaction score
The way I look at it, the people with high level technical ability usually have more important jobs than being a sales rep at verizon and best buy. Typically the people working in these retail sales rep positions are just your average joe citizen, not tech geeks.

However, people on sites like this one, are usually tech geeks. Im sure you have been in the situation where you know more about a product than the person selling it to you, its because the people on sites like this are rarely your average consumer.

Yea not true. Plenty of Techie people work there. More important jobs? Look ive seen some real pure morons have "more important jobs". To the point where im surprised they even lived past the age of 20. We like our droids a lot...ok Now, try and remember every specific detail on 40 more devices. Even ones you cant stand. Then try and remember all the and and policies and options. As much as i dont want to reveal it here, im a vzw employee. I guess it just hits home a bit when people criticise us. People have no clue what we have to deal with when peolle who feel all damn high and mighty about themselves come in and talk down to us like we are scum or second class citizens.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score

From what I heard some will and some won't honor the reduced on contract.

yea, this was all on launch day..it was interesting watching the employees trying to sell a new device because some of them didnt know about it.

OP
D

Dan_08

Reaction score
Referring to my previous post, I am not implying that people here feel high and mighty aboit themselves, just making a general statement.

I understand that, but these guys could of cost me another 55 bucks cause they didn't know what they were doing. Imagine how many were forced to pay based on previous information. Bad for business.....

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I can understand that. However I go in to everything with an open mind. I don't start thinking theyre idiots until they say something dumb. I try to be respectful because I know how it feels to be treated like crap by customers. It's always cool to find a rep who is just as into tech as I am.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

in99flames

Reaction score
Sorry if i sounded irritated at everyone haha. Sensitive topic for me. Best buy people though i feel are not as educated in trainings as they should be. I would also be mad if they made my bill 55 higher and i didnt expect.