Best Buy commerical

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by aarong03, Sep 12, 2012.

1. aarong03

aarong03 Member

I thought this was an interesting commercial. Especially the water part of the video. Show the Razr being wet and still working. Is this commercial mis-leading about the water factor?
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Misleading and asking for a fight about warranties after it gets wet.... truth in advertising... :rolleyes:
  3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Actually, there's nothing misleading about the commercial, even the water part. Motorola has always advertised the phone as being somewhat splash resistant (not waterproof mind you), just as they do in the commercial. I'm not sure that it's the greatest idea to advertise it quite like Best Buy does in the commercial since it will probably encourage people to try to submerge the phone, and like 94lt1 said possibly bring about a lot of requests for warranty replacements, but it's not inaccurate or misleading. They don't say it's waterproof, and they don't show the phone being submerged. According to Motorola, it's designed to be able to handle light splashes of water, and that's what they show.

I still don't think it was a good idea to toss that in the ad though.
  4. danh63

danh63 New Member

Must be true! I accidently knocked a huge glass of water over on mine last night and still works like a charm!
  5. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

The problem with the water issue is that there is no definite way to determine how water resistant your device is and one trip to a repair center with even the shightest bit of color change in any of the moisture indicators will ruin your day. There was a thread a while back about a guy who had his in is pocket and someone at a table knocked over a pitcher of water with some of it spilling onto his lap. His Razr was subsequently rendered useless. To me "water resistant" would protect one from every day accidents like that. Jumping in a pool.... OK, no but a splash, yes.

David