Best BT Headset for MAXX?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do not have a maxx but I do have a note 2 and a nexus 5. The best bt headset I have used thus far is the Sol Republic Airs (Tracks AIR Wireless Headphones | SOL REPUBLIC) Battery life is outstanding, build quality is awesome, the ability to customize is a plus, and the motorola radios make a big difference in connectivity. I use it everyday for my work out and I work out on avg 2-3 hrs a day and I am only having to charge it once a week if that. I have been through so many bt headphones from the motorola 305s to the Rocket fish or LG Tone+, I even did a review of all the bt headphones I have used and the sol republics are the best hands down (for those who like over the ear). My only minor complaint is that it do not have the same bass as the sol republic v12s but again that is minor and an issue for bass heads. Still over all the sound quality is clear, loud enough to wear in a gym during busy hour (I actually have them turned down), and the product is consistent whether I am using it with my nexus 5, my note 2, or my nexus 7 to watch movies (during might light workout days ill watch a movie while on the treadmill).

OP
Pegleg

Pegleg

Reaction score
Really looking for what MAXX users have found best...like my post said.

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I primarily use my Headsets as Headphones.
I have used :
LG HBS 730 ($60 USD)- Headset in the ear
-Steer clear of using LG headsets on the Droid Maxx. There is a known bug using the LG HBS 730 headset(and possibly others) where the volume output is always extremely loud and cannot be turned down without rooting the Maxx.
Motorola S10-HD ($60 USD)- Headset in the ear
-Decent quality audio, not much bass. Cheap, durable.
-Uncomfortable for extended periods of time(More than 2 hours)

Good luck on your search

OP
Pegleg

Pegleg

Reaction score
Guess there is much confusion over terms headset and earphones...I need a BT ear piece for hands free use of my phone...not earphones for listening to music.

doogald

Reaction score
Guess there is much confusion over terms headset and earphones...I need a BT ear piece for hands free use of my phone...not earphones for listening to music.

I got that when I read your post, but, of course, it's also possible to use BT headphones for hands-free calls, even while you are listening to music (the music pauses while you make calls.) So I won't tell you that I recently bought Jaybird Bluebuds X earbuds, which are fantastic, particularly for those of us who exercise (which is when I generally use them.)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

As doogald said, many of the bt head phones are also awesome for voice calls. The Sol republics are awesome for that as well. When I am at the gym doing my thing while listening to music a call will come through and i can either answer or ignore. I personally prefer bluetooth headsets over the bluetooth devices you stick in one ear. To me those are like the dinosaur of bluetooth as they are one dimensional (only able to take calls). The new bluetooth head phones are a better bang for the buck because they handle calls very well but also can be used to listen to music or watch a movie on your tablet with out disturbing others plus they are more comfortable than the one ear bluetooth headphones you are describing.

The best way to find what works for you is to try what is out and go from there as that is what I had to do.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I have been using the Motorola Sliver for a few years now both with my Droid Razr and with my Droid Max works great just don't get it wet. I have sent two back and had them replaced under warranty because I got caught in the rain (I am a contractor) and forgot I had it in/on my ear. The first one failed after about 6 months getting caught in a downpour and was replaced under warranty no questions asked (one year warranty when new) the second one they offered a regular in/over the ear earpiece and I protested. I sent them a photo of all of my Motorola products going back to the original Razr flip phone, Og Driod, Xoom, my wifes, Razr, my old Razr and they sent me another Sliver without question.

It is a great headset and works flawlessly with the Google Now and Touchless interfaces that are on the Maxx. No one ever complains they have a problem hearing me unless there is A LOT if wind or background noise. And even driving in a fairly noisy work van it transmits my commands to the Maxx properly 99% of the time.
Working construction the in ear headpieces tend to fall out but the behind the ear design of the Sliver stays put and is so comfortable I forget it's there.

doogald

Reaction score
I have been using the Motorola Sliver for a few years now both with my Droid Razr and with my Droid Max works great just don't get it wet.

That's one thing that I didn't mention about the BlueBud X earbuds - they are treated with Liquipel, so they are rain and sweat resistant. Because they are canal buds, they block noise, so when I am out on the roads running, I keep the left earbud out so I can hear what's coming. They still work great that way. The battery life is supposed to be 8 hours - that may be the only bad thing about them, if you need them for a full day. The water resistance is one reason I wanted them. I had been using regular earphones (with a wired plug) but the headphone jack is a little screwy right now, so I decided to try BT. They're really great.

FWIW, I haven't tried them with the Maxx, and they are still as pricey, but I have heard great things from friends about the Bose BT headset 2. There is an outlet mall near where I live with a Bose outlet and they frequently sell refurbs there for about 20% to 30% less than regular price.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Love my plantronics voyager pro plus.

You probably would be able to find one new for under 30 since newer models have been released

If you can afford it, I'd get their latest model I think it's the voyager legend or voyager pro hd.

Never have pairing issues. The battery life is great. Also supports music playback.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I love my LG tones (wear around the neck, they vibrate on ring and when too far from phone, when I need to answer a call I just put them in my ears and answer)

I've also used the sliver and loved it for a constant "in ear" Bluetooth but they all eventually start to hurt my ear, hence the tones.

Just my 0.02¢

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love my LG tones (wear around the neck, they vibrate on ring and when too far from phone, when I need to answer a call I just put them in my ears and answer)

I've also used the sliver and loved it for a constant "in ear" Bluetooth but they all eventually start to hurt my ear, hence the tones.

Just my 0.02¢

Yeah a bunch of my buddies have them and they love them, I just hate the in ear headsets. So for me though they worked great they were not for me as over the ear is more my style.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

lazuhrus

Reaction score
I've tried about a dozen different bluetooth headphones. I'm a truck driver, and needed something that I could hear over a yard full of diesel engines, or with the window down on the Interstate.

I've been using a Blue Parrot B-250 XT (upgrading to a B-250 XT+) for years now. At top volume it's too loud, no jamming an earpiece into my head shouting "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" and I've been standing between two revving engines having a phone conversation and the person on the other end could hear me fine. The XT has 16 hours of talk time (not standby, TALK!) and the XT+ has 20 hours of talk time, and has an AD2P profile for music.

It's not pretty, or small. You'll look like you're either getting ready to ask "Do you want fries with that?" or go onstage with Garth Brooks. But if you want to have an easy conversation on the phone that both of you can hear, haven't found anything better yet. Best price I've found is usually on Amazon, something like $80 for the XT+