best browser to use

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
An odd thing for me with Dolphin is that when I bring up Google, both the stock browser and xScope can find my location while Dolphin can't. Not a big problem, more surprising.

This is regular Dolphin, not Dolphin HD.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I was a huge fan of Dolphin, but then switched over to Xscope. They're both really good.

I have yet to try out Dolphin HD though.

I tried out Skyfire for about a week and hated the experience... it seemed to take forever for anything to load!? I deleted it.

I will check out Fennec just to see how it is, but I'm not thrilled about the size of it either.

HamDog

Reaction score
I have the factory and 2 others installed: Opera and Dolphin HD.

Most of the time, I'm using the factory. It does everything I want. My only gripe is that the user agent is mobile and cannot be changed. If I want to visit a page that has both mobile and desktop versions (such as Yahoo.com), I like using Dolphin because you can set the user agent as desktop and it loads the full version of the page rather than the mobile version.

Now on to Opera. Opera is THE FASTEST to load pages. It's also the smoothest to scroll. The reason it's alot faster is that Opera has their own servers that cache pages. While it has it's advantages, I don't like it when I visit secure pages as my username/password gets stored on Operas servers. And also, some webpages just don't look right on Opera. When I want to read the LA Times, I use Opera because it's so much faster than all others.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I primarily use DolphinHD...I will use stock occassionally but is not very often...

eliassami5

Reaction score
if you have no use for extra features then the stock browser will do just fine. Thats all i use, i find that all the other browsers are just bloated with things i dont ever use or need, the stock browser is quick and does everything i need it to. Just my opinion tho..