best bluetooth headset for the droid

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just goy my motorola s305s and they are nice. Ima post my initial results because I want to try them at work around airplanes that cause interference (the same kind I based the scores for the other headsets on)

Comfort: 9/10 (but this was intially I will see if its the same after a 10 hour hot day.
battery life: ??? but i like that its the same micro usb as the droid.
durability: seems like it can handle a lot, the plastic is light and flexible.
signal strength: 9/10 ??? initially seems great I had the phone in a box covered with pillows and I was able to walk 20 feet away. Again I will see how it hols up around airplanes.
signal durability (how long it keeps a signal, and how often, if any, that it cuts off): will see after a full day.
music quality: 9/10 sounds great
call quality: 9/10 they hear me, I hear them clearly and we are not yelling over each other.
ease of pairing.: 9/10
does it stay paired: ????? will see tomorrow at work
how does it hold up during every day use.: ??????
does it hould up after a workout.: ?????
price: 50 bucks on amazon

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the work. I am in the market for a pair.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Final verdict on the 305s

Comfort: 8/10 after a long day it starts to irritate the tip of the ear.
battery life: 6.5/10 in about 4.5 hrs it starts get weak in receiving the bluetooth signal, but it charges pretty quick.
durability: 7.5/10 feels like it will hold up pretty good
signal strength: 9/10 this thing is great. I had it in a tool box and was able to walk 20 feet before it started breaking up. Outside the tool box it will do 30, 40, maybe even 50 feet easily (depending on trees and any thing else that may interfere)
signal durability (how long it keeps a signal, and how often, if any, that it cuts off): 9/10 this is great as well, the only time it starts to break up is when its time for a recharge.
music quality: 8/10 very good
call quality: 8/10
ease of pairing. : 9/10
does it stay paired: 9/10 have not had it drop yet
how does it hold up during every day use.: 7.5/10 It will go strong for 4 hrs, but will need to use your lunch break to give it a quick boost.
does it hold up after a workout.: 7.5/10
price: amazon

This is the best bluetooth headset that I have tried so far. I love that its the same charger as the droid, and the signal strength is amazing. This is what a bluetooth headset is suppose to be. I have plans on keeping these.

My test was based on working in an environment around aircraft and dealing with a long 10hr day. Some may have different results for different headphones. I suggest you keep the receipt and put it to the test in the first couple of days. Bestbuy is very cool about how they handle their electronics as far as being able to return them if you are not satisfied.

Ranking:

1) Motorola s305
2) Rocketfish MAB2
3) Motorola s9HD
4) JWIns.
5) Jabro Halos (DQued for not turning on)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I run with jaybird sportsband. They've been rained on and sweated through. No issues in two years.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Jaybird as well. The 100(?)series. Anyway they're the in ear type, warranted forever against sweat damage. They sound nice but the range is lacking on my Android smartphones and tablets. Dumbphone, Omnia (WM smartphone) and Dish box, the range is excellent but Android seems to be lacking in Bluetooth range enough to hurt their performance. My ancient Jabra 620s have much better range on my Android devices.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
made this 3 years ago. Well time to revisit. I still have the motorola s305s but both they do not seem to like sweat as I just went through 2 in less than 3 week period. I am now looking to buy these Sports Bluetooth Stereo Headset, Bluetooth Stereo Headset for Sports - Avantree Jogger - Avantree

PC I have the S305 as well and have never had a problem streaming music for upwards of 8 hours. I use them everyday at work for the last year hand they are still going strong. What I really want is a pare that has bluetooth 4.0.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I bought the s305 way back when, based on this thread. (July 2010 I posted above) I sweat like a pig and no issues for me in 3 years. I know these will eventually fail. I was looking at BT speakers the other day, BT head sets were near by, but there were no over the ear ones. I hate the in the ear. I'll keep watching for more good info

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought the s305 way back when, based on this thread. (July 2010 I posted above) I sweat like a pig and no issues for me in 3 years. I know these will eventually fail. I was looking at BT speakers the other day, BT head sets were near by, but there were no over the ear ones. I hate the in the ear. I'll keep watching for more good info

You and me both. Can not deal with the in ear ones. Beats make a nice pair but just like anything beats you are paying for name. Ill keep looking for a good pair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2