best bluetooth headset for the droid

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The range is good on the s9hd, but I. Noticed after playing for a long time it will stop playing through headset and play through phone. Bothphone and headset bluetooth are on. I have to go in to setting and disconnect and reconnect....also not the most comfortable set. But for the most part it works

this also happens with the s305s, approximately once per charge (once per 4 hrs or so, for me)

not sure if it interrupts because i'm losing 3g signal for a second, or what. it does happen though.

that being said, i don't think this is a probblem with all bluetooth headsets, as my jawbone icon seems to never lose a connection, except when out of range

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Though the s9hds worked much better then the JWins, it still cut out on me 4 times and It started breaking up too much for me. Unless you have a bigger head its not secure or comfortable for that matter.
The positives: it pairs easy with the droid, it endures sweat, so if you work in the heat or you use it for a work out, you do not have to worry bout it quitting on you. The controls are responsive and in a good place. The cushion was surprisingly comfortable. The music and call quality was good, and the signal strength was good.

Negatives: it was uncomfortable for me. It was loose and felt like it was going to fall off my neck. A couple of times I had to fiddle with it to balance it so it would right. Though it had good signal strength, it would break connection at least once every 2 hours. I would have to go into setting disconnect and reconnect the device. During a 10 hr shift it cut out on me 4 times and felt like it wanted to cut out at times.

Overall my user rating is 4.5 out 10.

Droid using Froyo 84b

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My next review is for the Jabra Halos:

Price 99.99 at bestbuy.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So to recap: JWIns 30.00 on amazon
Moto s9hds 99.99 at best buy
jabra halo: 99.99 best buys

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
@pilotcharles--is that an LG headset? Looks like the one I got. Not comfortable for extended wear.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@pilotcharles--is that an LG headset? Looks like the one I got. Not comfortable for extended wear.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

That is the jabra halo BT650s.

The previews give it a negative to fair rating for calls but great for music. I want something more for music and will be secured. Now I am gonna give it a full day to see if it meets what I feel is what I am looking for.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By the way my reviews are based on me using the headset for a day. I need something secure. My primary use for it at work will be music. Comfort is a must along with security and durability.
My views and opinion may not reflect your own, for you may feel some features are more important to others. I suggest you look at more then just my reviews. And if any one have or uses any bluetooth headsets a full review would be nice. Think it will help people looking to buy some in the future.

My personal ratings are based on the following:

Comfort
battery life
durability
signal strength
signal durability (how long it keeps a signal, and how often, if any, that it cuts off)
music quality
call quality
ease of pairing.
does it stay paired
how does it hold up during every day use.
does it hould up after a workout.
price

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jwin Bluetooth headset:

Comfort: 7/10
battery life: ??? it kept cutting seems to last but idk
durability: looks like it can take a beating
signal strength: 2/10 poor
signal durability (how long it keeps a signal, and how often, if any, that it cuts off): 2/10
music quality: 7/10 when it works the music plays great
call quality: 7.5/10
controls: 8/10
ease of pairing: 7/10
does it stay paired: 2/10
how does it hold up during every day use: 2/10 I just put them up after it cut out after the 5th time.
does it hold up after a workout: ???? have not tried
price: $30 on amazon

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola S9 HD:

Comfort: 3/10 If i wore a cap backwards it would have held on my head
battery life: 6/10
durability: seems strong but only had it for a day
signal strength: 6.5/10
signal durability (how long it keeps a signal, and how often, if any, that it cuts off): 4/10
music quality: 6.5/10
Controls: 6.5/10
call quality: ??
ease of pairing: 6/10
does it stay paired: 4/10
how does it hold up during every day use: 5/10
does it hold up after a workout: ????
price: 99.99

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jabra Halos:

Price 99.99 at bestbuy.

D Qualed

Because I could not get the bluetooth light to come on and its probable that I had a bad pair. I can not give an honest assessment. It looked like it could have been nice, especially with the ability to blug it in to the 3.5 jack and listen to it that way as well.

If any one has used I would be grateful for a review.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Next up is the Rocket [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002V5OYHC/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics"]
41quipTdXZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/ame]Fish RF-MAB2

megawatz

Reaction score
I have the Jabra BT3030 and it works great with my Droid. I can use whatever earbuds i want (I use my skullcandys) and hear and speak very clearly on both ends with it. I use it in the gym as well when I'm listening to music on my Droid. It's a neat little bluetooth device that gives quality and style at the same time. Oh, and it has two BT radios as well, one for you phone, the other for your ipod (with the bluetooth accessory).

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Jawbone 2. Comfortable, and the only BT headset I've actually been able to hear.

Sent from my mind using an Integrated Virtual-WAN Neurochip.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My review for the rocketfish RF MAB2

Comfort: 7.5/10 overall it fits pretty snug. I nevery had to worry about wondering if it was going to fall off of my head. After a long day, towards the end the tip of my ear started to ache. But for the most part felt good.
battery life: 8/10 it did not take long to charge, and during lunch break I was able to give it a quick 45 min charge. It lasted the entire shift.
durability: 6.5/10 think it can last, but depends on the working environment. Do not think it would last long in a rugged environment. But that is based on opinion.
signal strength: 5/10 It starts breaking up after about 10 feet.
signal durability (how long it keeps a signal, and how often, if any, that it cuts off): 8/10 I have not had it cut off on me during the time I used it. It had its moments when it would break up but then it will continue to play.
music quality: 8.5/10 the music sounded clear and it captured the bass pretty well.
call quality: 6/10 at times when talking it seems like i am yelling over the other person because it cuts out when I am talking. I actually just took the bluetooth off and talked via speakerphone to get better communication
ease of pairing. 8.5/10
does it stay paired: 8.5/10 even when it breaks up it, especially if you get out of range, once it regains the signal it will play again with out having to go back into the phone.
how does it hold up during every day use.: 7.5/10 The music broke up at times and felt like it would cut out, but once I repositioned the phone it regained its signal and continue to play.
does it hold up after a workout. ?????
price: 59.99 at best buy.

So far the rocket fish has been the best working bluetooth head set I have tried. I am still awaiting the moto 305s to be delivered.

Strong with music weak on calls

Last edited:

MoDmAnDaN

Reaction score
Jawbone 2. Comfortable, and the only BT headset I've actually been able to hear.

The newest Jawbone Icon works fantastic with the Droid. I was always disappointed in the volume in the Jawbone 2 and Jawbone Prime, but the Icon is much louder and clear. And TADA, it works with Droid's voice dialer perfectly!!!! And it fully supports A2DP to you can listen the navigation, games and music in private. Of course it is not stereo but........