best bluetooth headset for the droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
about to buy some ....which pair should I get.

keystone

Reaction score
Just rec'd the Plantronics Voyager Pro from Amazon for my Incredible and so far so good. I haven't been happy with the sound quality of the phone, hopefully it will be better with the headset.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I'm switching between the Motorola S9-HD and the Motorola S305. Both work great with the Droid, esp the S9-HDs. With other phones, my range sucked (it i removed the phone from my body they would disconnect), but with the Droid, I get the clarity and range (at least 30ft.) that they advertise. And the best part, you can get them on ebay brand new for like 40 bucks. Both sets run about the same on ebay.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I use the Motorola H17. Haven't tested the range to its limit but it hasn't disconnected so far. It connects to phone and media audio which is good for podcast listening.
Also, it talks. Says "call on phone 1" so if I'm across the room from my Droid and don't hear it ring I don't miss the call.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
212869915.jpg

I just got them from the mail today so Ima give my initial thoughts. I will be putting them to the test at work and then give my overall view. Now I bought these because they rated well on amazon:

When I opened it I looked over them and they seem durable to a point, obviously if I bend them too much they will probably break.

Initial pros: I like how easy it is to pair with the droid. Music plays clear and they feel comfortable for the most part. I like the look and being that I am more of the fan of the old style headphones that cover your ear and do not like the ones that dig into your ear, this is more me. It has a nice volume range. As far as charges via usb cord. Bluetooth callin/talking works and the other person hear me clearly.

Initial Cons: Because it covers your ears, after hours in the heat it may get uncomfortable (I will know more after playing with it for a week). I wish it had a wat to make it feel tighter and more secure. It fits comfortably, but it seems like it will just fall off (again as I put it to the test I will know if that is actually the case). There needs to be away to tell the battery life. The box says 20 hrs talk time/ 400 standby. I would like to know when I am getting to a point when it is going to die.

Initial overall: For 20 buck it seems like you get a decent set of bluetooth head phones that set up easily. They rated well on amazon. I have saw 60 dollar headset rate worse.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My overall: 2/10 These things are horrible with range. I put my droid in my pocket and it starts breaking up. I am disappointed, now I have to buy a new set already. Yesterday when I took them out the package they seem alright but I did not really test them. Today man I was so frustrated with it cutting in and out I took them off and put them back in my bag and just went no music.:mad:

So Do not buy. I am going to check out one of the motorola brands tomo.

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the moto s305s are decent. i've been using them for months. not the most comfortable, but the range is good (20-25 feet) and the battery life is decent (3-4 hrs)

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
My current Bluetooth headset is the Rocketfish - Behind-the-neck, Binaural.
I got them at best buy about 1 year ago, for my ipod touch and worked really well. It has good sound Quality range is good, i walked down from my room to my basement about 30 ft roughly but got crackly after the first 15 ft. but will go thought you body, heck right now Im on my couch with my droid under me. I have great sound Quality and there cheap to but just don`t bend them :p i don`t know much about the battery life last a good while i think about 12 hours , good enough for me. thats my 2 cents happy hunting.

Rocketfish headset - Behind-the-neck, Binaural

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do they have away to tell the battery life. Man I need comfort though...but I may have to check those out.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
seen the 305s on amazon, they do not look to bad...and how you say the range was

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
Do they have away to tell the battery life. Man I need comfort though...but I may have to check those out.
when ever the battery is close to going dead it just starts flashing red and go Beeeep Beeeep like a car door being left open.

***Edit** found out the battery life is Up to 14 hours of use per charge
Along with up to 340 hours of standby time for extended use.
got that from best buy :p

RemyL75

Reaction score
seen the 305s on amazon, they do not look to bad...and how you say the range was

I inadvertly tested the range on the S305s yesterday. I was on the the phone while pulling up to the gas station. I got out the car, walked into the station, paid for gas and went bk to the car. I was still on the phone and had left the phone in the car. I was about 25-30 ft away from the car when i went inside to pay. That tells me the range is excellent and will pass through some structures even at that distance.

Also, they work great with voice dialer.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have the moto s9 hd's They are charging now. I also have the motos305s in the mail. Ima try them both out and give my impressions/views on it.

RemyL75

Reaction score
There was another set of Motorola Bluetooth headphones that I want to try with the Droid. Model Number is HT820. I lost the last set i had, so gonna see about getting a pair on eBay and posting a review.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The range is good on the s9hd, but I. Noticed after playing for a long time it will stop playing through headset and play through phone. Bothphone and headset bluetooth are on. I have to go in to setting and disconnect and reconnect....also not the most comfortable set. But for the most part it works