Best Bluetooth Droid X

Moon78

Reaction score
Lol ya the blue ant app is nice. it allows the headset to reed your incoming texts

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its strange to me that I've been owning cell phones for over 13 years and never have a headset bluetooth a real try, guess it was a mental block because I always have the coolest up to date things with cell phones.
At that time I had ratherd put the phone to my face now in the past year I've been using the wired with the mic for music and talk. Then I thought to myself "why I don't have a bluetooth?" when I decided to make this thread surprisingly I couldn't find no thread already started on this, either I missed it our I'm even more behind then I thought.

Not that much ina rush I'm leaving the decision in your hands, I ll decide in a few days.

Until recently bluetooth was nothing to get excited about,a minor addition at best . A2dp was not on most non music headphones, different ones didn't work on different phones, sound quality was hit n miss, noise reduction was a gimmick, etc.
In the last couple,3 years at most, bluetooth has finally caught up to being useful to the masses.
I've been a bluetooth user since the days of needing an adaptor plugged into the ear jack and until early 2010 the rule of thumb was "works right with your phone, comfortable, less than $120, pick 2."
With the Jawbone Icon the rules changed and now the other guys are serious about catching up and passing it and keeping the price down at the same time.
My favorite all time is the Jabra 8010 but my best working one is my Icon.
Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

tedmeister

Reaction score
OK, I've RTFF and lots of reviews from all and sundry, and still cannot find any definitive opinions as to which is the best all-around, i.e. voice/sound call quality, wind noise suppression, comfort/fit, etc. I've looked at the Blue Ant (both the Q2 and T1), the Jawbone Icon, the Plantronics Voyager Pro, the Jabra.

Anyone run into any side-by-side comparisons? Anyone tried several (or all) of these with the DX, indoors and outside as well?

I really need to get a wireless headset, but don't have the funds to just get a different one if the one I select isn't up to par. Sigh.

Suggestions anyone?

Redman479

Reaction score
I've used several but my favorite is the Playstation bluetooth headset. Excellent voice quality, noise cancellation, & it even has a mute button! Only $50.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

Mont

Reaction score
Its strange to me that I've been owning cell phones for over 13 years and never have a headset bluetooth a real try, guess it was a mental block.

Until recently bluetooth was nothing to get excited about,a minor addition at best . A2dp was not on most non music headphones, different ones didn't work on different phones, sound quality was hit n miss, noise reduction was a gimmick, etc.
In the last couple,3 years at most, bluetooth has finally caught up to being useful to the masses.

Good, perfect time for me to jump in now. I can't even stand to hold the phone up to my ear any more, I have to rush and find my wired set when the phone rings.

What about music? I know at one time I looked up if Bluetooth can play music from your head set and I read that you couldn't, one reason I forgot about the thing in the first place

OP
M

Mont

Reaction score
as well?

I really need to get a wireless headset, but don't have the funds to just get a different one if the one I select isn't up to par. Sigh.

Thats why I haven't bought one yet, had an automatic debit I forgot to cancel, so for self imposed punishment I held off of the set. Still tallying results

OP
M

Mont

Reaction score
Alright finally im ready to spend the bucks. I forgot to mention the bluetooth im choosing needs to be able to play audio because I use my DX as my main and only music player.

Can you connect more then one bluetooth to the Droid X? I want me and one other person I work with to listen to the music at the same time. That would be incredible

Last edited:

tedmeister

Reaction score
Now I've tried a couple and have what might be a somewhat unique problem: I am an old guy, and use reading glasses as well as distance glasses. So I put on and take off eyeglasses frequently. The act of doing this very often knocks off or pulls off the over-the-ear headset.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these units with taking off/putting on eyeglasses? This seems to be to be a stupid little thing, but it is unbelievably aggravating.

daveinmaryland

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Bose Headset series 2?

Somewhere, possibly on the ground at the park and ride! (lol), I own a Jawbone Icon earpiece. However, I have been unable to locate it in any of the vehicles I was in the last time I saw it, so, after three weeks, I have begun a search for a replacement. The Icon was nice, but, after a while was uncomfortable in my ear, I read this and other threads for insight into a good replacement. With my tax return just days from my account, money is available, and I'm not against spending good money for such an accessory. The Bose ad that comes up on the G search was complelling, has anyone had any experience with the product?

daveinmaryland

Reaction score
In the mail

Well, I ordered the Jawbone ERA, will see how it goes. After reading other places, I found the Jawbone to be more attractive than the Bose. The idea of the noise cancelling is cool, however, my hearing isn't so good, so, I wouldn't be able to hear someone talking to me anyway!

carguy

Reaction score
Bose has great design packaging and marketing. I find their products to be a bit overpriced for what you get. Enjoy the ERA.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums