Best battery option

timmy113

Reaction score
So I got a droid 1 to replace the bb tour I was using. I had awesome battery life on the bb. Alas the droid battery life is nothing to brag about. I love the droid even though I got it used. What are some opinions on a new battery. Will the droid 2 batteries work. I saw seidio has a slim extende battery. Will that one work in my droid 1?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seidio does make an extended battery for the Droid.

You should also look into your particular usage and how it impacts battery life. Many people don't seem to realize this and simply assume that a given device has good or bad battery life. It's entirely possible that you could improve battery life in your particular situation with some changes.

OP
T

timmy113

Reaction score
I keep seeing all this advice about how to get more battery life. But the whole reason I got a smaetphone was to do all the stuff people are saying not to do. I want to run apps and text and surf the web. That's why I got the phone. If I just wanted a phone that talked and texted and had apps for show I would have stayed with my bb. Does the droid 2 slim extended battery work on the droid 1. If so where can I get it cheap. Thanks

OP
T

timmy113

Reaction score
So I went to verizon store today and guy told me my battery was over a year old and needed replacing. I'm currently on hour 5 with moderate usage and haven't charged battery. Trying to train this one.

Jeyman

Reaction score
So I went to verizon store today and guy told me my battery was over a year old and needed replacing. I'm currently on hour 5 with moderate usage and haven't charged battery. Trying to train this one.

They do not need to be trained. The type of battery that is used does not have a so called memory.

And to the person saying they want to use app.s You can use apps. just dont think that with the basic batter you can keep the screen on high and use 3g none stop.

That would kill a BB all the same (not as fast a droid due to the much larger screen and brightness)

I get around 8 hours of decent use out of mine. I use to think to myself why my batter life sucked? It was because I had background data going 24/7, apps that run none stop, high screen when inside(you dont need it). Use wifi as much as you can as well.(3g is a major battery killer) Have the screen time out after 30sec of no use. get into the habit of turning the screen off after you use it as well.

When I am at work I turn on background data(for if I get work emails)

I send around 200 texts a day(sometimes more like today I sent 427) I looked up a bunch of stuff on the web and steamed some music via pandora. I am at 40% life right now.

You can use the thing to death, and get around 8~10hours easy if your smart about it. If you want to use it all the time none stop, get an extra battery. I almost wont to get one, but I cant spend 50~$60 when I am going to be moving to sprint in like 3 months. When I get my evo shift ill get a bigger battery.

*the screen is 90% of the time the main reason for low batter life(next to GPS)

edit: I once went 32 hours without needing a recharge. This was with almost no use(thats sorta a given) a phone call or two with texts and no background data(off from work back to back days)

OP
T

timmy113

Reaction score
The new battery is doing great. I have the screen at like 50%. Thanks for the info on not needing to train the battery. Should save me a ton of time. Still wondering about the seidio slim droid 2 battery. It won't fry my phone will it?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Check my sig for pics of the droid 2 extended battery and cover on the of droid.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App