Best Battery Life

idol

Reaction score
Which rom has the best battery life in your opinion?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its a toss up on Rubix or Liberty (d2g but the dx roms work). Rubix is a little bit better but has less themes. Liberty has a ton of themes and is all around good.

Vandy343

Reaction score
Edit didn't notices op was asking for droid x

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

GaMeBoY439

Reaction score
I'd say that depends on the OC speed and voltage level of the kernel and other things like if you're using live wallpapers, lots of widgets doing things in the background, etc.

I suppose the ROMs themselves could affect battery life, say if one has more efficient code than another, but the stuff I said above would probably have a much greater impact. I.e., a ROM using a ULV kernel overclocking at 800 MHz would probably always lead to better battery life than one using a MV kernel at 1.2 GHz.

EDIT: sorry, also didn't notice this was for DX. Same principles apply though, depends on if you're overclocking your processor and what voltage level you are running at.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'd say that depends on the OC speed and voltage level of the kernel and other things like if you're using live wallpapers, lots of widgets doing things in the background, etc.

I suppose the ROMs themselves could affect battery life, say if one has more efficient code than another, but the stuff I said above would probably have a much greater impact. I.e., a ROM using a ULV kernel overclocking at 800 MHz would probably always lead to better battery life than one using a MV kernel at 1.2 GHz.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Its for dx so kernel doesnt change. +1 about depending on speeds though. I was running Rubix @ 1.3ghz ULV and had it lasting 15+ hours no problem. Currently running Liberty at that and getting about 12 (way heavier use).

Roms do affect it a little bit. Some roms are better optimized than others and dont have things running in the background when they dont need to be.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
i got 39 hours out of the extended battery on liberty 2.0.1. I'm now on gingerbread and i can get a max of about 15 hours. I cant WAIT for liberty GB

puck3511

Reaction score
I have had the best battery life on my dx while running rubixBlurryBread its stock GB with a few tweaks for speed and battery life. Try it out you won't be disappointed

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

luv2increase

Reaction score
Gingerbread really eats up the battery on the X, especially the first leak. It has been better since I installed Gingeraid 4.1 ROM.

As for Froyo, I had terrible battery life with Liberty 1.0 and 1.5. I never tried the latest one. Rubix used to be my favorite until he started using the same base as Liberty.

bobAbooey

Reaction score
I always wipe battery stats and calibrate. There's a good app in the market for that.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those batt times sound great. I'm rooted running on stock froyo and using juice defender and power max. Hoping that will help the 8-9 hours I get from a charge with heavy use

Sent from my rooted DROID2

fry-lock

Reaction score
Gingerbread really eats up the battery on the X, especially the first leak. It has been better since I installed Gingeraid 4.1 ROM.

As for Froyo, I had terrible battery life with Liberty 1.0 and 1.5. I never tried the latest one. Rubix used to be my favorite until he started using the same base as Liberty.

I second this. Since I installed the leak, I've seen a pretty dramatic decrease in battery life. I assume it's because the leak still has a few bugs.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really? I thought one of the benefits of custom roms was that they were better on the battery. I'm only getting 8hours of moderate use, 5-6 of heavy and I'm underclocked using juice defender ultimate. Its crazy and irritating. I may just have to do the extended thing

Sent from my rooted DROID2