Best battery life rom

bomber889

Reaction score
Which ROM do you think does the best for battery life? My battery only lasts about 8 hours a day and I really want to increase it.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
This isn't only on the ROM. What kernel you are using, what settings in setCPU you are using, how hot your phone is running, what you do with your phone during those 8 hours all will probably have a bigger effect on your battery life than a ROM. Yes a ROM can help some, but if you are playing a Homerun Battle 3D for an hour then constantly using your phone pretty hard (say constantly browsing the web), checking e-mail, posting on your facebook, then go to see what Lady Gaga is doing on her Twitter account, while streaming her music on Pandora. All of that with 7 screens, live wallpapers, max brightness, and tethering for your coworker's iphone...8 hours isn't too bad. This is a rather powerful device, with a relatively small power supply. This isn't your standard phone. My previous phone could basically do 5 things, place a call, text, e-mail, play games, and set my DVR to record while I was out (technically it could also browse the web, but I had a cheap package on it 25mb). I could go days without charging it. It didn't have this big detailed animated touch screen, multi-tasking abilities...etc

Beyond all of that, you could still change ROMs. Everyone seems to have different experiences with every ROM. Someone will say "X ROM has the greatest battery life ever", then the next person will say "Y ROM has the bestestest." You could try either one, and not end up having a good experience with either for whatever reason. You find that Z ROM works best for you. So in reality your best bet is to just try a few, and see what you think.

OP
bomber889

bomber889

Reaction score
This isn't only on the ROM. What kernel you are using, what settings in setCPU you are using, how hot your phone is running, what you do with your phone during those 8 hours all will probably have a bigger effect on your battery life than a ROM. Yes a ROM can help some, but if you are playing a Homerun Battle 3D for an hour then constantly using your phone pretty hard (say constantly browsing the web), checking e-mail, posting on your facebook, then go to see what Lady Gaga is doing on her Twitter account, while streaming her music on Pandora. All of that with 7 screens, live wallpapers, max brightness, and tethering for your coworker's iphone...8 hours isn't too bad. This is a rather powerful device, with a relatively small power supply. This isn't your standard phone. My previous phone could basically do 5 things, place a call, text, e-mail, play games, and set my DVR to record while I was out (technically it could also browse the web, but I had a cheap package on it 25mb). I could go days without charging it. It didn't have this big detailed animated touch screen, multi-tasking abilities...etc

Beyond all of that, you could still change ROMs. Everyone seems to have different experiences with every ROM. Someone will say "X ROM has the greatest battery life ever", then the next person will say "Y ROM has the bestestest." You could try either one, and not end up having a good experience with either for whatever reason. You find that Z ROM works best for you. So in reality your best bet is to just try a few, and see what you think.

Alright, thanks for your input. I'll see if I change some of my settings, if my battery life will improve.

givmedew

Reaction score
I would be interested to see if someone could answer this question with some actual stats, specs or theories behind it. For example kernal A has better battery life than B because of certain cpu throttling aspects or rom x seems to have some battery life issues because of blah. I personally have noticed that my battery last longer on blackdroid with no live backgrounds than with cyanogenmod with no live background. Both using Helix Launcher 1 and chevy1 1ghz low voltage kernal. I noticed this using the old radio image which I have now updated as of today but at the moment I am using blackdroid even though I prefer cyanogen mod since I can read the text in the shade which I cant do on blackdroid.

Kaiken

Reaction score
viewer
1hAdwJrLZDEtcTah0ss_4g
I'm rocking bugless beast v0.9 Chevy's LV 1.25 kernel and overclock 550-800. Cpu profiles are set to 250-550. This was a days+ of moderate use.

Here's a links to my battery status album since I cant upload pics at the moment.

Picasa Web Albums - llira0780

Picasa Web Albums - llira0780 - Drop Box

Last edited:

HarshReality

Reaction score
Looks like your HomeRun Battle is 3%.. but I would have to ask if its pulling info from the web.. if that is the case then its also using the 3G which can suck your battery quick.

Whats the update frequency for your beautiful widgets?

Hold in mind this is more a reflection of total operation as well so when your pushing that radio your dragging it down almost exponentially.

Prsterero

Reaction score
What rom has given u guys the best battery life between monster, steel Droid, cm7, dark Droid, and liberty with the best performance as well? How long did they last u and with what kind of usage? Most of my usage is around listening to music, using these forums, and browsing myyearbook with some texting. Maybe certain roms do better with certain kinds of usage over others.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

acoers

Reaction score
Steel droid for me. Its fast and ive got a day and half out of my phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What rom has given u guys the best battery life between monster, steel Droid, cm7, dark Droid, and liberty with the best performance as well? How long did they last u and with what kind of usage? Most of my usage is around listening to music, using these forums, and browsing myyearbook with some texting. Maybe certain roms do better with certain kinds of usage over others.

I would be very surprised if there was much real difference in battery life between those. And as easy as it is to flash new roms these days, it's worth trying them all. Start with the ones that appeal to you first and then go from there. You can then make full nandroid backups once have each setup to your satisfaction and then have the ability to go back to anyone of them immediately. Good luck and have fun.

TopGun960

Reaction score
I have noticed a dramatic increase in battery life and performance from installing speedy v7 and eclipse... but speedy v7 will work just fine on the stock rom for much better battery life. Hope i could help!