1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best Batter ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by aggiechase37, Aug 13, 2010.

1. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 New Member

Which one has the best battery life? Would it be just a simple rooted ROM that is not modified? Anyone have any stats to back anything up? Even when I have my cpu clocked to 550Mhz it still seems like my (MetickMod 6.0.3) 2.2 ROM runs out of battery WAY faster than unrooted 2.1.
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Here's my opinion based on having been rooted since December and having tried almost every rom that ever been offered: They're all the same. I've never had a rom that "sucked" the battery dry and I've never had one that delivered "OMG" battery performance. I've seen small differences with some kernels. But the biggest difference is in settings and apps being used.

Just keep in mind when reading on this or any other board about someone that has terrible battery life with XXXX Rom, that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of users that are not having terrible battery life with that same rom. That tells me it's the user, not the rom. It's settings, app use, kernels (a little bit), bad install, etc.

Pick one and try it, then pick another and try it, then pick another and try it....
  3. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 New Member

I'm making the switch to "conservative" on my setcpu settings. We'll see how that works...
  4. creamers

creamers New Member

The only rom for me that trashed my battery life was bugless beats 0.3 froyo. I think it was a quirk with my data partition though since I recently reset my battery stats. It mostly all depends on the kernel though and what apps are running in the background. I have a friend that installed ATK (its free from verizon) and he gained 5+ hours by killing tasks at peridoic times.