Best available rom for dx

Shelooga

Reaction score
simply stunning is coming soon. coming from a droid you probably know what quality work is produced by chevy. id say stay tuned for that, i know i am

AMelis

Reaction score
Two things I need/want from a ROM

1) Ability to synch mail and contacts with Exchange, and
2) Contacts that alphabetize by last name, like the rest of the FroYo world...

Any of the ROM's provide that?

notw53

Reaction score
Are there any major differences between Birdman's Flyx ROM and the rubiX Focused ROM? I'm currently running Flyx and don't have any issues with it, but if there's a significant boost in speed, performance, etc running rubiX then I might be willing to go through the whole process of loading a new ROM again.

sephtin

Reaction score
Are there any major differences between Birdman's Flyx ROM and the rubiX Focused ROM? I'm currently running Flyx and don't have any issues with it, but if there's a significant boost in speed, performance, etc running rubiX then I might be willing to go through the whole process of loading a new ROM again.

Hoping someone that's run both will chime in. I"ve never run FlyX for more than just installing it to test changing install scripts. :S

SoDroid

Reaction score

^^ I would like an answer on this as well from anyone that has tried both!

godtuti

Reaction score

Ive tried both. Fly x support seems to be gone and its gonna remain at 1.0 . Rubix is a deblured monster with incredible speed and awesome battery life.. in my opinion, rubix 1.0 is the best droid x rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
Wow this topic really picked up. I AGREE with the last few post that the new rubix 1.0 is bad a**. I went with zapx, to rubix.5 to flux then over to the new rubix and rubix has been the fastest and most reliable roms I've been on. Id highly suggest rubix to anyone looking for speed and battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sephtin

Reaction score

Ive tried both. Fly x support seems to be gone and its gonna remain at 1.0 . Rubix is a deblured monster with incredible speed and awesome battery life.. in my opinion, rubix 1.0 is the best droid x rom.

Ya, didn't think of that.. lol. The developer of FlyX (Birdman) has stated that he's done developing for the DroidX... there's always that.. If that makes a difference to your decision.

notw53

Reaction score
Just switched to rubiX and love it. Faster, cleaner and swype is amazing. I do have a question though. How do I get rid of the old wallpaper gallery. It's just blank and not really serving any purpose. Thanks for all the input though it's extremely helpful.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I REALLY like Rubix Blurry with 928 blackglass! AWESOME!!dancedroid
I agree with this guy^^^right up here^^^. I'm also running rubiX w/blur and 928 BGX Theme. Working good for me. But there are quite a few now that will work. All personal preference:)

SoDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone! Sounds like RubiX it is!

dilleyo

Reaction score
Honestly I'm liking ultimate Droid dx rom if u have a og I know u have used or heard of it an is the only true blurless roms next to obsidian yes all blur is gone dialer an settings are all vanilla an have the dev setting in settings menu like ultimate settings an gem settings they have a few bugs but I'd is stable enough till a update unless u use video an camera alot an GPS but I believe that's all the bugs enjoy I know I do

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Honestly I'm liking ultimate Droid dx rom if u have a og I know u have used or heard of it an is the only true blurless roms next to obsidian yes all blur is gone dialer an settings are all vanilla an have the dev setting in settings menu like ultimate settings an gem settings they have a few bugs but I'd is stable enough till a update unless u use video an camera alot an GPS but I believe that's all the bugs enjoy I know I do

I tried UD on the DX, RC2...I love it,but there are too many bugs now..and theres no support for it....there was supposed to be an update on 12/14 and nothing yet...it seems the maker is now working on an gingerbread rom...that rom (UD 2.5)is awesome on the the Dinc though! If the bugs ever got worked out,I think it'd be my favorite ROM....I like Rubix,and Apex ROMs,both play nice with my phone,I simply add the .zip for the blur camera to rubix and im happy.