Best Apps for the D4

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
LadyHottShott said:
Best thing I have dl so far is the Power Puddle live wallpaper, haha.

It's a little green android that starts to melt into a puddle as your battery dies.

I know, it's lame, but I am loving it lol

I jus got this...
Too kool!!...

Sent from my rooted DROID4

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Tune-In Radio App off the Play Store market..friggin awesome!

If u have a favorite radio station u can get it off the Tune In Radio app....

Sent from my rooted DROID4

nabour

Reaction score
Trouble with Light Flow lite

I had Droid3 and loved this app (Light Flow lite). Controlled the led notifications for everything. Now it doesn't seem compatible with my new Droid4. Does anyone have any alternate app ideas?

I'm just looking for an app that will turn on the led when I get a message, or a missed call, or an e-mail.

Thanks,
Barbara

kbeefy

Reaction score
Doesn't it do that already? Before OTA update I only had a green notification led, now it seems I have at least green and red.

With cm9 I could set different colors for different things, kinda miss that.

nabour

Reaction score
More questions about the led

Thanks for the reply. I must be dense or something, but I can't find anything in my settings that relates to the led. I know I've GOT a led, because I can see it, but it never lights up at all, and I can't figure out how to work the settings to get it going. I've got a new Droid4 from Motorola.

kbeefy

Reaction score
Theres nothing in the setting for it that I can find, at least not on the droid.

I just checked mine, I get a green blinky for gmail, missed call and voicemail. Maybe I was imagining the red one, I'm not seeing it now.

Huffie86

Reaction score
There is atleast green messages red missed calls blue Facebook notifications on mine

standard101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge
Light Flow Light works on my D4, I haven't noticed any issues controlling the color of notification on events. The app added a bunch of new controls, play with the LED hardware control section (like let Light Flow take control of Main LED Control, etc.) and if that doesn't work try one or both of the two debug options in the setting, "Direct mode" and "Run in foreground." On mine I only changed the options under LED hardware control to allow Light Flow to manage the LED rather than D4 hardware and have not had any issues.

AMTrombley0924

Reaction score
Does the D4's signed bootloader limit what ROM Toolbox can do? Changing fonts and battery icons sounds appealing to me, but can it work on a D4 specifically?

hradek422

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I must be dense or something, but I can't find anything in my settings that relates to the led. I know I've GOT a led, because I can see it, but it never lights up at all, and I can't figure out how to work the settings to get it going. I've got a new Droid4 from Motorola.

I can only speak for the text messaging, but download an app called GO SMS. It has settings in there under "Notification Default Settings" where you can change the color of the LED, and how frequently it blinks for text messages.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I had Droid3 and loved this app (Light Flow lite). Controlled the led notifications for everything. Now it doesn't seem compatible with my new Droid4. Does anyone have any alternate app ideas?

I'm just looking for an app that will turn on the led when I get a message, or a missed call, or an e-mail.

Thanks,
Barbara

Works fine on my Droid 4....though I use the paid version. The lite version works fine on my wife's Droid 4.