Best application for more screens

meaker

Reaction score
Helix launcher... I've tried several different home repalcemnents and one time or another I have it slow, draggy, a glich or a force close. That's is not excpetable to me..Non of them lasted more a day or two before I had to remove it.. Nothig worse then trying to show off your phone or just look something uo and have that happen.. So far with Helix laucnher has been fast and not glishy for me...

VolDroid

Reaction score
tap the menu button at the bottom of your screen and go to configure...make sure you remove all apps from any extra screen before you lower your screen number.

You can also drag 4 apps to the bottom of the screen (either side of the area where you would drop an app to get rid of it) and they will follow from screen to screen as you slide through them.

Last edited:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Downloaded ClockworkMod. It's nice to finally play with 2.1 Nexus One style but I have to agree with the people who are complaining about it's size, speed, and price.
A. 10+MB is too big when apps are stored to the phone's memory by default.
B. If it weren't so choppy it may actually be worth keeping.
C. $3? When there's other launchers that do more? Combined with A and B? No thanks.

So yeah, it's nice to see someone get a working launcher that appears almost stock but it's too big, too slow, and too expensive in my opinion. Not to mention I have to agree with the skepticism of someone else, either on this forum or in the Market comments. True the 2.1 update took forever to get to us, but I'd just feel stupid if I spent $3 on this large, laggy app, only for Verizon to release 2.1-update2 and include these things with it.

So for the time being, awesome effort on the dev's part, but uninstall and refund for me.

Laramie

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any lag w/ Helix and 2.1. Hopefully after reinstalling, I won't get the gallery FC issue.

Not sure what was happening, but with Helix installed, EVERYTIME I would go into my Gallery, if I tried to go into a folder, it would FC, this was on 2.0.1. I haven't had the issue yet on 2.1 (knock on wood).