Best app for NYC subways?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I know there is an app that has a map of the NYC subway/buses.... but is there an app that will tell me how to actually get from one spot fo the next. Telling you which subway to get on/off. There is an app like this on the iphone but I don't see anything like this on droid marketplace.

broosewee

Reaction score
I believe Google Maps has this capability. Just input your destination then select the 'Transit' button (looks like a bus) and press Go.

aW8

Reaction score
I believe Google Maps has this capability. Just input your destination then select the 'Transit' button (looks like a bus) and press Go.

I would agree with this choice, but it's all dependent on if you're within coverage (which the subways don't have). In saying that you can definitely plan ahead and have your trip figured out prior to going. Then you can use the NYC MTA app that downloads the Sub/bus maps to your SDcard for viewing off of a network. Sounds like a bit much but works well.

That's how I run through the city while I'm here, which is every few weeks.

broosewee

Reaction score

I would agree with this choice, but it's all dependent on if you're within coverage (which the subways don't have). In saying that you can definitely plan ahead and have your trip figured out prior to going. Then you can use the NYC MTA app that downloads the Sub/bus maps to your SDcard for viewing off of a network. Sounds like a bit much but works well.

That's how I run through the city while I'm here, which is every few weeks.

Yea, the MTA subway map is the best alternative if you don't have a signal. I know that google maps is useful because I used it all day yesterday flawlessly.

coolkidd

Reaction score
I just use the app that I got from the market.... its a plain NYC subway map.

atlharry

Reaction score
I used to use Tube from my WinMo days. They have an android version out and I would imagine that it's just as good...

chart

Nevermind! I just read through some of the comments... It may be crap.

JonDroid3

Reaction score
EMBARK NYC is a new free Droid app. It won a contest sponsored by the NYC subway system (MTA). I downloaded it yesterday and it's impressive. It stores map info and pulls down current system information (including service disruptions) when you are above ground and connected to the web. You can use this app when you're underground. Check it out.