Best app for locating phone when lost??

welsalex

Reaction score
Girlfriend lost her phone recently (but we found it thanks to a good samaritian) and it got me thinking I need to setup both our phones with a good app for locating etc. I know there are a few, so what is everyones opinion on the best ones and the safest ones (ones that make sure others can't use against me to track me with my phone)???

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Best one I have found is Where's My Droid.

It only costs $4 one time fee instead of monthly and can be controlled by texting your phone or on the Web and I have tested it about a dozen times and was always spot on with the location.

I tried 6 of them and I like this one best.

Also uses way less battery then any of the others.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kobe24

Reaction score
SamuelMSr said:
Best one I have found is Where's My Droid.

It only costs $4 one time fee instead of monthly and can be controlled by texting your phone or on the Web and I have tested it about a dozen times and was always spot on with the location.

I tried 6 of them and I like this one best.

Also uses way less battery then any of the others.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

+1..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's an interesting app made by the same people who make Lookout (which will also locate your phone, plus other things, but has a monthly fee), called Plan B. Plan B is unique as it's designed to be installed after you lose the phone. You go to the Play Store's web site and install it from there. Once installed it sends an email to your gmail account with its location. After 10 minutes you can send a text from a friend's phone to yours with the word "locate" and it'll do that again.

Last edited:

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
I've been very happy with Seekdroid. Fortunately it's never been needed but everytime I've tested it it's been accurate.

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
I have to agree with those that said 'where' so my droid '. Get the paid version. Ways more features. Very accurate. My 12 year old loses his phone all the time. And now we always find it.

Berniep

Reaction score
I use androidlost. Seems to work well when I send the alarm command and when I make her phone say "My husband is the greatest"

urphonesux

Reaction score
I had high hopes for lookout until the day i thought i left my phone at the store. Put it this way. Im on the top floor of my building and the garage is on the bottom. Imagine going up and down the elevator listening for the "scream" only to hear silence. It wasn't in the car, on the way up or anywhere in the house.
Ran locate my phone from lookout's website and it told me my phone was in a neighborhood about 10 mins up the street. What did I do? The smartest thing I could think of and I went to the house.......I know.
I got there and the older gentleman in the front yard was washing a boat so I approached him and asked if anyone there had recently found a phone. Of course he had no idea what I was talking about but he was very polite anyway. I then got back in the car and noticed some kids playing in the culdesac. I went down there...........Of course they were about 12 and i was not even about to imagine that i had let myself get GOT by a pre-teen.
Went home a little devastated.
Proceeded to run wipe device. Got the message saying the phone was wiped.
Called assurion. Received replacement phone. The first time I got back in that particular car and threw something in the backseat i heard it land on something that didnt sound like an empty seat. Looked back there and there was my phone..........
Still powered on. No alarm sounding off.AND ALL OF THE DATA WAS STILL ON THE PHONE.

I dont know. maybe mylookoutsux :)

wseyller

Reaction score
I bought seekdroid for 99 cents. Ive tested it many times and it works great. Ive never needed it for real.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

powrful1

Reaction score
I use Cerberus and very happy with it and its options. ~$5

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 230 w/ Tapatalk™

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
Thanks all for your replies! Just another consideration, do all these apps play nice with battery?

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
No problems with Where's my Droid. No need even to keep GPS on as it will turn it on for you. Just send a text. Even notifies of similar card change.