Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I am trying it now, I really like the swipe to unlock, its very smooth, but Im getting my old swipe to lock and the new one.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I also wish their was a way to set the lock pattern lock to only go on when you turn on the phone..

OP
E

EddieSFL

Reaction score
The developer is very responsive and updates it all the time. Let him know what issues you are having and Im sure he will make the changes.

OP
E

EddieSFL

Reaction score
I am trying it now, I really like the swipe to unlock, its very smooth, but Im getting my old swipe to lock and the new one.

I don't use the patern lock. Did you disable your old slide lock? Also make sure you go to options and have it override the old droid lock.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw this thread and was hopeful that what the tool did was have a better phone lock (a numeric pin entry) than the security swipe that it comes with (iPhone like or not). Not to derail the thread, but if anyone has seen a solution with a numeric entry, please let me know. . . I haven't found any on the market that works (at all, let alone well).

This one does have a nice, simple but complete user interface and I always like to hear that the developer is responsive and focused on developing tweaks and new features.

tameone

Reaction score
2.2 has PIN entry to Unlock function.. maybe just stick it out :)

Champers

Reaction score
Known Issues

1. HOME key not locked
    This issue was introduced in Android 1.6 and above. The Android engineers implemented an artificial delay about (five to seven seconds) whenever the HOME key is hit. This to prevent 3rd party apps from completely locking customers out of their phones (turning a phone into a BRICK). So the HOME key cannot be "hijacked". To circumvent this, some other third party lock screens register themselves as a home screen, so hitting the home button keeps you in context of their app. This however hampers user experience as your HOME key will always pop a dialog asking to select which home screen to navigate to. We chose to "play nice" for a non-intrusive user experience. We thought of adding a preference for the home screen behavior, but the Android system does not allow us to change the behavior of being a home screen on the fly. So it is not something that can be switched off and on. We can only configure the lock screen for home screen behavior while building the application, and cannot change it later. The android engineers are very adamant about leaving the HOME key as the master/override key over all 3rd party applications.
This is why these apps are nothing but useless.

OP
E

EddieSFL

Reaction score
This app is more for on call issues and not made to lock someone off the phone. It locks the screen and you will not hit mute or dial buttons with your cheeks.

appsbeyond

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone, we are ecstatic that our app is appreciated by the community :icon_ banana:

As I shared with Eddie earlier, our original design included a password lock screen. But as we got to implementing we found out that the Android engineers made it impossible for 3rd party apps to have a truly secure lock, so we opted to not implement this as it would be misleading to users. Instead, we provided the "quick" shortcut to enabling the stock pattern unlock.

Hey Shadez, double unlocks are typically a result of some interaction by another app. If you have a task killer or anti-virus app, add the Screen Suite to the ignore list and it should take care of the double unlocks.
There may be few cases where the Android will not honor our request to replace its lock screen, but we have mechanisms in our code to self-correct against this.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i just tried it and i dont think its that great. its kind of cool, but not that great. could be with more work