1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best Android Phone for the Fall?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by smadaus, Aug 12, 2011.

1. smadaus

smadaus New Member

Hey, my contract is up for Verizon in September and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on which phone I should get next. Obviously I am looking for android and I am staying with Verizon so within those terms I am open to opinions. Opinions on new releases and currently available phones are all good, I am open to anything. Thanks

P.S. is 4g the way to go, don't know much about it so just wondering?
  2. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

I would wait for the Nexus Prime. Specs look awesome if they are true.

Or go for the Bionic or Galaxy S2. The Droid 3 is your best option if you want a keyboard.

4G is basically much faster network speeds. It mainly affects downloads of apps, music, movies, etc.

It also speeds up web browsing. It does however have high price tags, and drains battery fast. So whether or not its worth it is up to you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 New Member

My next phone will be either the Galaxy SII, the HTC Vigor, or the the new Nexus phone. We don't know too much about them since they havent been announced, but they should all be pretty awesome. The Droid Bionic will probably be here in a few weeks but, personally, I think these 3 will be better, unless you just cant wait.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

x2!

CM74DX
  5. smadaus

smadaus New Member

thanks guys I will have to look into them
  6. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Galaxy S II for me.
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I'm getting the Bionic. The Nexus Prime - who knows when that will be out and if it will be on Verizon.

The Vigor could be a tablet and it's HTC which makes it automatically eliminated (battery problems, Sense)

Galaxy - I just don't care.
  8. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

Some pros to the Nexus 3/Prime over the BIonic: Probably unlocked, 720p screen, 1.5gHZ processor, bigger screen, android 4.0, super amoled HD, and it'll probably be better for the rooting lovers. (All of this isn't confirmed, but its probably near true)

Also, it might have a 4.65 inch screen, but if it has on screen buttons, it will a reasonable size.
    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  9. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Highly subjective. As always with threads like this: what are your needs/wants? Selecting a smartphone isn't a one-size-fits-all thing.
  10. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

My contract is also up in Sept. I would like to hold out and get a 720p/1.5Ghz/4G phone but I bet battery life will be brutal with those specs. Battery life is extremely important to me so I will most likely get either a Bionic or Galaxy SII, if it has LTE, depending on how the reviews are.
  11. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

According to Steve Jobs they are.
  12. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

He loves his small screens.... oh except at a convention but I bet his living room tv is 14" but super clear!

4g or bust... most likely a bionic fir me but ill see what else comes out same time and compare then

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  13. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I hate to go to bat for apple but lets be realistic this isnt a true statement. They do have a black and white option...
  14. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

SG2, Vigor, or Nexus Prime (if it's on Verizon, which I doubt). If I get desperate, the Bionic...I'm bored with my X2.
  15. EFGantry

EFGantry New Member

Nexus Prime, ftw! with those specs, and an unlocked Nexus device?!?! for me, it's almost impossible to pass up. Bionic is a close second, followed by GS2. Vigor is out for me, cuz of HTC's history with battery life.
  16. Liderc

Liderc New Member

Well one thing that is certain is you will have quite a few choices, since your upgrade doesn't come until September.

As others have mentioned, there are many phones coming out within a few weeks of your upgrade, my advice would be go check each and every one of them out and find out which best suits your needs.

One thing to keep in mind is that you'll have this phone for 2 years and 4G LTE will become the standard by then in most areas.
  17. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

The standard by then? I seriously doubt I'll have 4g where I'm at. Att got 3g here just a few months ago...

If the D3 was 4g, i'd bet it would be considered the best phone currently available in the US, which brings us to the bionic...

My fiance is going to be switching to sprint soon, but she requires a slider. With the epic 4g announced to be disontinued, we are waiting to hear what sprints next big slider will be. She freaking loves my d3, but vzw made her mad with shoddy customer sevice, so she's leaving them as soon as sprint has something comparable to the d3.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  18. Liderc

Liderc New Member

ATT has terrible coverage. Verizon's pushing out 4G towers like no other company, i'd wager it will be standard within 2 years for 80% of it's users.
  19. johnd09

johnd09 New Member

4g will take off when voice over lte is implemented into the phones. I have also heard that Verizon wants to do away with its older network as soon as possible.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  20. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

Yea. And on ATT I dropped calls about 1/10th of the time. After 3 years on VZ, I have dropped maybe 2. At most.
Search tags for this page

best droid phone