Best Android Phone for the Fall?

smadaus

Reaction score
Hey, my contract is up for Verizon in September and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on which phone I should get next. Obviously I am looking for android and I am staying with Verizon so within those terms I am open to opinions. Opinions on new releases and currently available phones are all good, I am open to anything. Thanks

P.S. is 4g the way to go, don't know much about it so just wondering?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I would wait for the Nexus Prime. Specs look awesome if they are true.

Or go for the Bionic or Galaxy S2. The Droid 3 is your best option if you want a keyboard.

4G is basically much faster network speeds. It mainly affects downloads of apps, music, movies, etc.

It also speeds up web browsing. It does however have high price tags, and drains battery fast. So whether or not its worth it is up to you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

vzdroid13

Reaction score
My next phone will be either the Galaxy SII, the HTC Vigor, or the the new Nexus phone. We don't know too much about them since they havent been announced, but they should all be pretty awesome. The Droid Bionic will probably be here in a few weeks but, personally, I think these 3 will be better, unless you just cant wait.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My next phone will be either the Galaxy SII, the HTC Vigor, or the the new Nexus phone. We don't know too much about them since they havent been announced, but they should all be pretty awesome. The Droid Bionic will probably be here in a few weeks but, personally, I think these 3 will be better, unless you just cant wait.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

x2!

CM74DX

OP
S

smadaus

Reaction score
thanks guys I will have to look into them

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Galaxy S II for me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the Bionic. The Nexus Prime - who knows when that will be out and if it will be on Verizon.

The Vigor could be a tablet and it's HTC which makes it automatically eliminated (battery problems, Sense)

Galaxy - I just don't care.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Some pros to the Nexus 3/Prime over the BIonic: Probably unlocked, 720p screen, 1.5gHZ processor, bigger screen, android 4.0, super amoled HD, and it'll probably be better for the rooting lovers. (All of this isn't confirmed, but its probably near true)

Also, it might have a 4.65 inch screen, but if it has on screen buttons, it will a reasonable size.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey, my contract is up for Verizon in September and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on which phone I should get next.
P.S. is 4g the way to go, don't know much about it so just wondering?
Highly subjective. As always with threads like this: what are your needs/wants? Selecting a smartphone isn't a one-size-fits-all thing.

PhontomF

Reaction score
My contract is also up in Sept. I would like to hold out and get a 720p/1.5Ghz/4G phone but I bet battery life will be brutal with those specs. Battery life is extremely important to me so I will most likely get either a Bionic or Galaxy SII, if it has LTE, depending on how the reviews are.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
According to Steve Jobs they are.

He loves his small screens.... oh except at a convention but I bet his living room tv is 14" but super clear!

4g or bust... most likely a bionic fir me but ill see what else comes out same time and compare then

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
SG2, Vigor, or Nexus Prime (if it's on Verizon, which I doubt). If I get desperate, the Bionic...I'm bored with my X2.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Nexus Prime, ftw! with those specs, and an unlocked Nexus device?!?! for me, it's almost impossible to pass up. Bionic is a close second, followed by GS2. Vigor is out for me, cuz of HTC's history with battery life.