Best all around rom (battery life, data connectivity)

OP
P

phooker

Reaction score
Phooker, here is a link to the fxz 902 process you need to use in order to get back on track. Make sure you have plenty of battery life before you go into any of this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Link?

posted from a Mafia hideout.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, looks good. I'd fxz to 905 directly which gives you a factory stock phone to start with. Set it up how you like, apply the 232 ICS image, root it, nandroid it, and you're good to go.

deduct

Reaction score
I am afraid he may have had a panic attack.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
See what happens when you get me involved? :D

deduct

Reaction score
This stuff can be overwhelming.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Now you know why I wrote House of Bionic. I wanted to attempt to arrest some of the complexity around this stuff.

OP
P

phooker

Reaction score
Simple enough...ill do it in the morning.

posted from a Mafia hideout.

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Do you need to use Safestrap for all of the ICS leak stuff? I have used the Bootstrap app and flashed CWM recovery for all of the rooting and falshing I have done with the Bionic.

deduct

Reaction score
Sgtblack said:
Do you need to use Safestrap for all of the ICS leak stuff? I have used the Bootstrap app and flashed CWM recovery for all of the rooting and falshing I have done with the Bionic.

No. You cannot have safestrap installed when flashing the leaks. Phone must be bone stock. Its easiest to use samurais house of bionic script or timmy10shoes script to restore phone to stock without losing apps or data.

Sgtblack

Reaction score
I understand how to get to the leak build, but I have heard there is a CM9 nightly for it out and I had not seen anyone install it with the bootstrap. Also I was wondering if you could fxz back to 902 from the leak I would like to avoid any difficulty getting back on the upgrade path if an official version of ICS comes out. Thanks for the help.

deduct

Reaction score
Sgtblack said:
I understand how to get to the leak build, but I have heard there is a CM9 nightly for it out and I had not seen anyone install it with the bootstrap. Also I was wondering if you could fxz back to 902 from the leak I would like to avoid any difficulty getting back on the upgrade path if an official version of ICS comes out. Thanks for the help.

You can fxz back from 232 or any leak before that. However, u cannot go back to gingerbread from the 235 leak thanks to some extra security measures....yet. So i am on 232 and that's where i will remain until official ota. Probably. I tried the cyanogen cm9 ics rom and while it was very fast and stable, it had a few glitches that kept me from running it more than a few days. It has a ton of customization features that stock ics does not have though. Just talking about it makes me want to flash it again and try it out.