1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Benefits?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by knipamall, Dec 1, 2010.

1. knipamall

knipamall New Member

Hey guys I'm new to the whole Droid form thing I have a Droid incredible and I had a question what are the befits of rooting hacking what ever I saw something like ota or something but what's the befits thanks!

sent from my HTC Droid incredible!
  2. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

root or rooting your phone is the process of modifying the software on your device to grant you complete control over it.

this means you can overcome limitations that the carriers and manufacturers put on your phone, extend system functionality, and even upgrade it to a custom flavor of Android.

the name root comes from the Linux operating system world, where the most privileged user on the system (otherwise known as Administrator on Windows) is called root.

Obligatory Warning: rooting your phone does run the risk of potentially bricking it (i.e. your phone could become nonfunctional) – so do your homework before attempting anything, unless you’re a fan of $500 paper weights. it also voids warranty.

by doing this you will have complete access to alter any system files, use themes, change boot images, delete annoying stock apps and flash custom roms & kernels :)

to get you started for root
    unrevoked forever radio S-OFF/S-ON tool
    unrevoked 3 - root & reflash

roms
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-roms/73643-list-roms.html
    The Incredible List

hope this helps
  3. knipamall

knipamall New Member

Thanks! Helps alot!

4. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

The principle benefit is making the phone truly YOUR phone, and freeing yourself from the diet of whatever Verizon and Motorola feel like feeding you. Why settle for one dish, when you can have smorgasbord?

-Mike
  5. iamasongnow

iamasongnow New Member

you'll learn a lot.
  6. knipamall

knipamall New Member

Thanks guys

Search tags for this page

benefits of rooting htc inspire