Benchmark your Sapphire!

rob22202

Reaction score
Other than a faster kernel, what are some things you can do to increase performance?

I'm running sapphire .70 with P3Droid's 2.6.32.9 at 1100 MHz and got a 1301. Is that bout what I should expect?

Last edited:

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Other than a faster kernel, what are some things you can do to increase performance?

I'm running sapphire .70 with P3Droid's 2.6.32.9 at 1100 MHz and got a 1301. Is that bout what I should expect?

well for perspective on cm alpha 3 and jdlfg 1.2ghz kernel on performance i can avg 1680ish and peak up to 1710 or so.

Things you can do? hmm Well, I highly suggest deleting every app you do not use or need. Things like FB, mp3store, corpcal, exchange, genie widget... if you don't use them uninstall them. They try and put themselves into memory even if you don't run them and a few try getting data off the network. If you don't use LWP's delete them all. Clean your caches or get an app to do it and if you use rom manager or have a similiar app or script, fix your permissions. Remove all widgets that are not completely necessary, set to the min number of needed screens. (i use 3 and mostly only use 1 or 2, people with 7 screens covered top to bottom in icons and widgets who complain of lag and slow speed make me *facepalm myself). OH and before I forget, if you have a favorite launcher (I prefer ADW) delete the other ones (move the wallpapers to another location if you want to save them).

use a memory tuner app or something like autokiller (i like it).

set setcpu to performance and make sure profiles are off (prob not an issue, but I think i've caught it trying to overide my performance mode).
Your score should go up significantly..... also, not sure if it's from the data being cached already, but as soon as you get results, immediately hit test again. your 2nd-5th tests will usually be noticeably higher.

edit: doesn't work with quadrant since it seems to require your results be sent to their server, but for things like linpack turning airplane mode on can give you a few extra points.

Last edited:

wingdo

Reaction score
Tha's pretty much what I do and I consistently pull around 1400 with the 1000 P3 Sapphire kernel. There is a screenie of a 1443 with that kernel early on in this thread, so a 1301 with the 1100 seems not right.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
P3's lv1200 on Sapphire 0.7.0

11489d1278620406-benchmark-your-sapphire-p3lv1200.jpg

Last edited:

52brandon

Reaction score

well for perspective on cm alpha 3 and jdlfg 1.2ghz kernel on performance i can avg 1680ish and peak up to 1710 or so.

Things you can do? hmm Well, I highly suggest deleting every app you do not use or need. Things like FB, mp3store, corpcal, exchange, genie widget... if you don't use them uninstall them. They try and put themselves into memory even if you don't run them and a few try getting data off the network. If you don't use LWP's delete them all. Clean your caches or get an app to do it and if you use rom manager or have a similiar app or script, fix your permissions. Remove all widgets that are not completely necessary, set to the min number of needed screens. (i use 3 and mostly only use 1 or 2, people with 7 screens covered top to bottom in icons and widgets who complain of lag and slow speed make me *facepalm myself). OH and before I forget, if you have a favorite launcher (I prefer ADW) delete the other ones (move the wallpapers to another location if you want to save them).

use a memory tuner app or something like autokiller (i like it).

set setcpu to performance and make sure profiles are off (prob not an issue, but I think i've caught it trying to overide my performance mode).
Your score should go up significantly..... also, not sure if it's from the data being cached already, but as soon as you get results, immediately hit test again. your 2nd-5th tests will usually be noticeably higher.

edit: doesn't work with quadrant since it seems to require your results be sent to their server, but for things like linpack turning airplane mode on can give you a few extra points.
you can have it in airplane mode during the tests and turn airplane mode off before you send results ;)

rob22202

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to tweak some things today and see what I can get outta this Droid.

rob22202

Reaction score
There we go!

I deleted a few apps, removed all my widgets, set setcpu to performance and disabled profiles, cleaned cache, killed all running tasks ... all that got me up to 1351.

Put it in airplane mode ... 1457!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sapphire v0.7 w/P3 LV 1.25 Ghz kernel
Live Wallpapers off
Apps2sd disabled
Quadtant 1716
Setcpu short 132
Setcpu long 402
Linpack 19.612

th_CAP201007091015.jpg

LrdElderon

Reaction score
There we go!

I deleted a few apps, removed all my widgets, set setcpu to performance and disabled profiles, cleaned cache, killed all running tasks ... all that got me up to 1351.

Put it in airplane mode ... 1457!

woot, there ya go! What kernel were you using? I can not for the life of me run stable on 1.25 performance mode. crash/freeze....etc everytime. though I hear quite a few people have that problem but then have no issues with a higher clock? 0_o strange.

my highest so far was with a 1.228ghz kernel i compiled from jdlfg sources (p3droids i think). hit 1756 or something. I think i posted the pic.

I'm sure you can def find more things to eek out a few hundred more.

PhriXion

Reaction score
Phone: Motorola Droid
Rom: Sapphire v0.8.4
Kernal: P3Droid's Standard Voltage 1200Ghz

Quadrant: 2133

Proof:

cap201007231414.jpg

Also posted this in the Benchmarks from Froyo section and it's the fastest I've seen around so far. I need to have sexuals with meh Droid. :icon_ banana:

52brandon

Reaction score
Phone: Motorola Droid
Rom: Sapphire v0.8.4
Kernal: P3Droid's Standard Voltage 1200Ghz

Quadrant: 2133

Proof:

cap201007231414.jpg

Also posted this in the Benchmarks from Froyo section and it's the fastest I've seen around so far. I need to have sexuals with meh Droid. :icon_ banana:
good god. Well done, that is HIGH. What linpack out of curiosity?

PhriXion

Reaction score
good god. Well done, that is HIGH. What linpack out of curiosity

At the time of this Quadrant, I also decided to see what the Linpack ran and it ran a cool 21.731 and it ranked in the top 12,000. I can't remember what number exactly for all devices but it is also ranked so low due to the fact that people, mostly devs actually run the emulator on Virtual Box and linpack their ROM's from there and post. Regardless, that's really fast.