Benchmark Results with P3 and Chevy Kernels

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by G8GT594, Jul 8, 2010.

1. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please note. All benchmarks were ran on BB 0.4 with the most memory I could keep available for the tests.

I mainly did this because of the threads that were popping up on which kernel to use. Granted each phone might be different but these are my results.

Just some benchmark results. Not much of a difference.

Quadrant Score. Each benchmark was ran 2 times.

1513 - Chevy ULV 1.2ghz
    1563 - P3 LV 1.2ghz
    1546 - P3 Normal Volt 1.25ghz

MFLOPS Scores. Each benchmark ran 2 Time. Thus far the first benchmark run was also the best results pf the two.. Surprisingly both P3 kernel ran the same.

17.406 - Chevy ULV 1.2ghz
    16.812 - P3 LV 1.2ghz
    16.812 - P3 Normal Volt 1.25ghz

So from my conclusion the best Kernel to run out of the three is P3 LV 1.2Ghz. No reason to run P3 1.25, same scores, however some may benchmark a little higher then others but i assure you it wont be by much and it WILL drain battery life a little faster.

Hopefully this helps some people out. If anyone wants me to some more Kernel testing post up.
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You shouldn't be running a kernel judging off benchmarks
  3. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually you should. Is that not the one of the main reason why people run a overclocked kernel? In your logic then we should run factory the factory kernel. They are all three stable, all three quick and provide wireless tethering. So yes, benchmarks are indeed crucial. Thanks for your post.
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why the attitude....let me help you out here.

Just because a kernel's bench mark is higher, doesn't mean it's the fastest kernel. You can get a kernel that has the highest benchmark, but in overall snappiness in use of the phone it can be slower than another.
  5. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, attitude. However, your simple post, with no reasoning behind it does not help others. Generally speaking, a higher benchmark kernel will provide a snappier phone. But this is phone dependent and software dependent. For example, what rom you are using, or what launcher using ect. Numbers don't lie however, and the P3 kernel does seem to be quicker than Chevys. It's not like im bashing one or another. Just bringing more information to the table.
  6. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    FWIW, I'm running P3 sv 1.2 and have been pulling down 1600+ with quadrant, highest being 1688.
  7. SupAll

SupAll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to know temp differences between the kernels. I know it can be pretty different from user to user, but I'd like to know a general difference (which one tends to run hotter, which one runs cooler). Its also important to know the battery consumption of both. I could care less about the benchmarks if the difference is less than a score of 100 on Quadrant or 2 on Linpack.
  8. metzyn

metzyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Info

Thanks for the info, I've had similar results except a bit higher. I scored a little over 1600 with my device & build.

And what's with the craziness in the prior posts? I get that the realistic results will be different from the benchmarks, but the point of a benchmark is to get an idea of the realistic results. Score 800 with one and 1000 with another, that gives you pretty solid feedback as what to expect. Just my two cents.
  9. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far i am running the p3 LV 1.2 Ghz. I have it setup on demand with max out at 1.2 and minimum at 700mhz. Temps are higher than the Chevy core. Actually quite a bit higher. However i am more concerned with battery life. I will see tomorrow how battery life is with the P3 core. But judging from the temps im going to say it might be a little less. Maybe this kernel is not as undervolted as Chevy's?
  10. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running the Team Sapphire P3 1.1ghz LV kernel and it is way way smoother and faster than Chevy's LV 1.1 kernel.
  11. lunargecko

lunargecko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible that more voltages and clock speed be added to these benchmarks? As well as battery life and temperatures?
  12. KpAtch3s

KpAtch3s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why only 2 times? To have a more reliable idea you would need to run the tests 10 times. Maybe not as many for quadrant, but definitely for linpack.
  13. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick update. Still using p3 1.2ghz lv set at 1200/700 on demand. Idle temps are at 40c which is 104f. Someone correct that if my conversion is wrong. Its been a while. Wondering if everyone that swtiched to a p3 kernel is getting higher temps.
  14. G8GT594

G8GT594 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ten times? No need for ten times. I benchmark my phone how I benchmark my computers. Ten times is a little extreme unless testing for stability. But feel free to uload each kernel to your phone and benchmark each ten times!
  15. Jmart922

Jmart922 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently running jrummys kangrade Droid x theme with p3's 1.2 ghz kernal and my benchmarks are currently running in the 1600s, highest has been 1630, but im hoping to beat that with cm6
Search tags for this page
p3 1.2 benchmark

p3 benchmark