BeNaughty App - Virus?

feivel

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I found a notification on my notification bar from the "BeNaughty App" with a "+" Icon. I didn't want to tap it, fearing I'd authorize something by accident. I went to "Manage Apps" and couldn't find it in the list!

Today, I just found another one, this time with a star icon, and the message "Meet sweet US hotties on the go!"

No, I never installed this. Certainly not intentionally. And I hadn't installed anything new in weeks, although I did allow a number of updates recently. I assume it's some sort of malicious software. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Or where it could have come from?

Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try Air Push Detector in the market first of all.

xtor

Reaction score
You need to download airpush detector from market, it will tell you what app is causing that, and it gives you the option to remove it

my razr's sharper then yours ™

OP
F

feivel

Reaction score
Thanks!

I clicked on it and found the culprit. Someone a long time ago had installed "MP3 Music Download", and I clicked it by accident yesterday trying to play a song. Apparently this is how they make money.

I tapped the notification, and saw the "MP3 Music Download" at the top of the screen for just a moment before it tried to install something which I declined. Uninstalled, and I'm probably good.

Whew!

vatothe0

Reaction score
Thanks!

I clicked on it and found the culprit. Someone a long time ago had installed "MP3 Music Download", and I clicked it by accident yesterday trying to play a song. Apparently this is how they make money.

I tapped the notification, and saw the "MP3 Music Download" at the top of the screen for just a moment before it tried to install something which I declined. Uninstalled, and I'm probably good.

Whew!
Oddly enough, it seems to always be the free MP3 apps that cause this. You get what you pay for I guess.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Which is better for problems like this - AirPush Detector or Addons Detector? They both have high ratings.